Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Country Band Ever- The Rolling Stones?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Country Band Ever- The Rolling Stones?

My favorite Stones albums are "Some Girls" and "Black and Blue".
    Each album has some cuts that certainly seem like country music.

Songs like "Before They Make Me Run", "When The Whip Comes Down",
    "Memory Motel" and even "Crazy Mama" and "Hand of Fate".

Strange dichotomy, they sound like country while todays "country" bands
    sound nothing at all like country.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)</div>

Good call! If you get a chance listen to Faraway Eyes.

Comment

Yeah your so right many so called coountry bands are country rock which I dont mind but the lines are blurred lol.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">catdaddy</div>

Comment

Mick Jagger, 1995: "I love Country music, but I find it very hard to take it seriously. I also think a lot of country music is sung with the tongue in cheek, so I do it tongue in cheek. The harmonic thing is very different from the blues. It doesn't bend notes in the same way, so I suppose it's very English, really. Even though it's been very Americanized, it feels very close to me, to my roots, so to speak."

Mick Jagger, 2003: "The 'Country' songs we recorded later, like Dead Flowers on Sticky Fingers or Far Away Eyes on Some Girls, are slightly different (than our earlier ones). The actual music is played completely straight, but it's me who's not going legit with the whole thing, because I think I'm a blues singer not a country singer - I think it's more suited to Keith's voice than mine."

He always wanted to be Merle.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Rules for a Happy Life:</b><br />
        Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.<br />
        I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.<br />
        <div class="bbcode_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote">
        <div class="quote_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

Originally Posted by aenemated <br />
        doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

</div>
        </div>
        </div> 6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch. <br />
        <i><font size="1">Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.</font></i></div>

Comment

they are a great country blues band when they delve into that stuff. Like a more modern version of Hank Sr.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
          <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
          -For Sale: <br />
          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

Mick Jagger, 1995: "I love Country music, but I find it very hard to take it seriously. I also think a lot of country music is sung with the tongue in cheek, so I do it tongue in cheek. The harmonic thing is very different from the blues. It doesn't bend notes in the same way, so I suppose it's very English, really. Even though it's been very Americanized, it feels very close to me, to my roots, so to speak."

Mick Jagger, 2003: "The 'Country' songs we recorded later, like Dead Flowers on Sticky Fingers or Far Away Eyes on Some Girls, are slightly different (than our earlier ones). The actual music is played completely straight, but it's me who's not going legit with the whole thing, because I think I'm a blues singer not a country singer - I think it's more suited to Keith's voice than mine."

He always wanted to be Merle.

Lol. Mock Jagger, the goofiest most spastic and funniest clown of a front man i'm the history of music, finds it hard to take country music seriously.

I like the stones, I do, but seriousness?

All that is missing for Mock is the red rubber nose and the big red floppy shoes.

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
              <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
              -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
              - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />

Comment

Comment

here's a killer version of Dead Flowers.

Comment

My favorite Stones albums are "Some Girls"...

Agree 1000%

Comment

Agree 1000%

+1
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn<br />
                      <br />
                      Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.</div>

Comment

The Stones are great! The worst they ever achieved in their music was "average". I can handle a little average mixed in with my awesome.

One of the most obvious country tinged RS songs
                        A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                        HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                        Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                        I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Here's one of their earliest country sounding riffs.

The opening riffs is total Western style. They do blend in R&B with it, but with the guitar part by itself, you'd get a whoop and a holler at Gilley's

A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                          HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                          Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                          I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Old country music wasn't country music... I was just plain ol rock n roll. Johnny Cash, George Jones, and what have you.

The Stones had swagger and early country music was all swagger and honkey tonk.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">GO JETS GO!</div>

Comment

um, no.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkgreen">________________________________ _________________</font><br />
                              <br />
                              <font size="1"><font color="darkgreen">stuff:</font></font><br />
                              <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">52RI Tele</font></font><br />
                              <font size="1"><font color="darkorange">Gibson SG 1970s Tribute</font></font><br />
                              <font size="1"><font color="green">more stuff:</font></font><br />
                              <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">65 Twin Reverb Reissue</font></font><br />
                              <font size="1"><font color="#ff8c00">Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate</font></font><br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="teal"><i>The REAL Angry</i></font></font></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X