I would like some opinions: PRS SE Custom 24 vs. PRS SE Santana

Hudman

• Members

I was all set to buy a ESP LTD EC-1000 MGO but started looking at the above mentioned PRS SE models. I found the Guitar World video review of the Santana and it caught my attention.

It looks like the Santana is the way to go, between the two, but I would like to hear some opinions on both models. Is the Custom neck profile a lot different than the Santana?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

I have the new Santana SE model and it sounds quite a bit better than my 3 previous SE Customs. I've found that the PRS SEs signature models usually have better wound pickups. Earlier I also bought my son the PRS Paul Allender SE model (the passive version) and it also whupped up on my other three SE Customs for tone.

IMG_0104.jpg

• Members

I have the new Santana SE model and it sounds quite a bit better than my 3 previous SE Customs. I've found that the PRS SEs signature models usually have better wound pickups. Earlier I also bought my son the PRS Paul Allender SE model (the passive version) and it also whupped up on my other three SE Customs for tone.

IMG_0104.jpg

Damn, that looks pretty.

• Members

i'm not normally a chunky neck lover but it felt really nice, and it felt like a quality instrument too. Very good looking guitars in the flesh.

I'm not a fan of super thick necks. The last time I went to Guitar Center they were out of the SE Custom 24 and the SE Santana.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I have an older SE Custom 24. I usually gig with it, and it's ridiculously comfortable to play. It sounds good, too, but I wouldn't rate it as my best-sounding guitar. Still, I would like a second one (preferably the new version of the Orianthi). The neck, however, is not chunky.

Archived