3 Guitar Mistakes?

Surfdude

• Members

I keep seeing these pop ups for "3 Guitar Mistakes that Everyone Makes. If you are making these mistakes, you will never become a good player".

I don't click on any pop ups or links. Someone tell me what these 3 mistakes are. I'm sure I started making all three back in the sixties.

Surfy

• Members

Hi, I'm not going to click on pop-up for you. :lol:

However, I'll give you my 3 basic mistakes for fun.

-not playing a piece slowly enough to get the piece right before you speed it up to time.

-playing with too much distortion

-not practicing daily

• Members

I keep seeing these pop ups for "3 Guitar Mistakes that Everyone Makes. If you are making these mistakes, you will never become a good player".

I don't click on any pop ups or links. Someone tell me what these 3 mistakes are. I'm sure I started making all three back in the sixties.

Surfy

I'm guessing that all three mistakes boil down to: You haven't bought our program yet.

• Members

3 Awful Guitar Mistakes 99% of All Guitarists Make These Same Mistakes

By Mike Hayes | August 11, 2010

One definition on insanity is to keep doing the same thing and

expecting different results, well if you looked at the way many

guitarists approach learning the guitar you would be forgiven for

thinking that a some of these players were a

• Members

I figured learning tab instead of notation was one of them.

I thought learning "boxes" was a good thing and was surprised to find out it is not. The question is...how to break out of it?

I did think that one of the most common mistakes beginning players make is to buy an Epi or an Ibanez, though.

Thanks for your responses.

Surfy

• Members

I thought learning "boxes" was a good thing and was surprised to find out it is not. The question is...how to break out of it?

check out the Guitar Fretboard Workbook by Barrett Tagliarino. it'll help you take the patterns you know, and some you don't, and teach you how to connect the dots.

• Members

"#1 mistake; learning to play lead before learning how to play rhythm "

Back when friend and I were starting to learn to play we wanted to get something, anything out that almost sounded like music.

He played the leads because he couldn't play chords.

He's improved over the 40+ years. He knows three or maybe four now, or so he says....

• Members

Surfy

#1 is : Clicking on anything on the interwebz that says: 3 Guitar Mistakes that Everyone Makes. If you are making these mistakes, you will never become a good player.

If you want to know what the other two are you'll have to send more money

Archived