Guild Starfire V

fuzztone

• Members

Congrats - that's an extremely cool guitar! You don't see many 335-style guitars in green.

It looks a bit like my late 60's Aria:

Aria.jpg

Wow,That's a beautiful Aria guitar! Thanks for posting the photo I love the color. That's why I bought my guitar.

• Members

Sweet Jebus!!!!! That is my dream guitar right there, fuzztone. Honestly, I've been telling myself for years now that if I ever have the means, the first guitar I'm going to buy is a '60s Starfire V in Emerald Green. They rarely come up for sale and I think they're the best looking 335 style guitar ever made. Plus, those original mini humbuckers are FANTASTIC pickups.

I'm rarely jealous of anyone on this board because, well, they're all just guitars, but this is an exception. If you still have it in a few years and want to sell it, please hit me up first. Its the type of guitar I might sell all my gear to buy. I'm not kidding.

I'm drooling over here.... :D:D

• Members

Guild never used Mini Humbuckers all full size Humbuckers &Single coil pickups.

That's not quite correct. From 1963 to 1969/early 1970 Guild used humbuckers that are smaller than 'normal' humbuckers and are generally designated as 'mini humbuckers' when people speak about them in relation to other Guild pickups. Though they are slightly larger than, say, the mini humbuckers you find in a Gibson Firebird, they are still smaller than regular size humbuckers.

They switched to the standard sized humbuckers (referred to as HB-1s) after that.

Archived