The Most Perfect Rock Song Of All Time

DaveAronow

• Members

I vote for Highway to Hell by AC/DC.

What more could you want in a rock song?

Post your candidate for best rock song of all time and if the thread doesnt drop right off the page, then we will tally up the top five or so and do a poll to determine the absolute undisputed winner.

Best rock song of all time can mean anything you want it to, but please feel free to discuss or challenge others on songs you agree or dissagree with and why.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although anything I say probably won't make it in any kind of list, I vote for If Only - Queens of the Stone Age.

It's catchy, has two simple but great guitar solo's and just works extremely well in any occasion.

[video=youtube;ioYO7v7fN1U]

• Members

A good rock song should be no more than 3-4 minutes long, maximum of 3-4 chords, have a beat you can dance to, and have a killer riff. So my choice for the "perfect" rock song of all time is Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.

• Members

Comfortably Numb. Moody vocals and epic solo FTW.

Hard to beat that, though "Gimme Shelter", "Sympathy for the Devil", "Won't Get Fooled Again", "Time", "Whole Lotta Love" and "Layla" give it some pretty tough competition.

• Members

I'll second Highway to Hell, but I'll also nominate Welcome to the Jungle, as it has that down and dirty rock vibe to it, like H2H, and probably single handedly brought rock back from the grave, at least hard rock

• Members

I vote for
Highway to Hell by AC/DC.

What more could you want in a rock song?

Post your candidate for best rock song of all time and if the thread doesnt drop right off the page, then we will tally up the top five or so and do a poll to determine the absolute undisputed winner.

Best rock song of all time can mean anything you want it to, but please feel free to discuss or challenge others on songs you agree or dissagree with and why.

don't know if it is the most perfect rock song of all time, but it is one of my favorites! :rawk:

• Members

My god, my list is 1,000 songs long. I am + one on the AC/DC, QOTSA, and Floyd.

I would have to go with You Shook Me All Night Long. Sex, Raunch and Crunch.

I wanted to say Love Removal Machine, but it just is not in the 'epic' league with the populous.

Red Barchetta the best driving song.

on and on this list and thread goes.

Long Live Rock.

• Members

AC/DC is certainly good for some Big Dumb Rock.

However, for those of us with a more intellectual bent, "When the Levee Breaks" is the perfect rock song.

thats why ac/dc is more rock and roll which literally means sex. Rock and roll isnt about the rhyme of the ancient mariner or muad'dib

• Members

You guys will kill me for this because it has been beaten to death, brought back to life and then beaten to death again not to mention some of the alleged duchebaggery of some of the members but, yeah, Hotel California. Try to imagine it as if hearing it for the first time wgen it was fresh in your head. Song pretty much has evrrything. But Im sill sticking with Highway to Hell.

Archived