Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Most Perfect Rock Song Of All Time

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd throw Fat Bottomed Girls out there, but it doesn't have a guitar solo. Otherwise it's outstanding.
    1 Jay Turser JTLT standard
    1 Vox AD30VT
    1 Alvarez Koa Acoustic
    No job, 3 kids, a wife, and a mountain of debt.

Comment

• Ideally the most PERFECT rock song would encapsulate:

1. Mind destroying vocal power
      2. Have a ballady passage
      3. Tell a great story or embody a cool message
      4. Have great and pounding rhythm section
      5. At least 1 astounding and completely improbable guitar solo, preferably two

Know ye of such a song?

Yes, this has it all in spades. This is even more perfecter than anything mentioned so far.

Comment

• There is no shame in living Stairway? My god....It's awesome....we are just burnt on it...

And Fat Bottom Girls...Is there a better Rhythm guitar part?
        Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

• A user commented, "this sounds like when you have 2 youtube windows open at the? same time."
          Kramer Pacer Custom II / Yamaha SA2200 –> Lehle Little Dual (ABY) –> A: RW Dlx Moon Phaser –> Area 51 wah –> RW Pentavocal trem –> Cornford Carrera / B: Dunlop CM95 wah –> Cornford Carrera

Comment

• Tied at #1--

Comment

• The Mojo that can be explained is not the real Mojo

Comment

• It's seriously about as good as a song gets. 90% of the complaints about it is that it's been played too much or that they stole three chords from another song. When you say perfect rock song, this is not what comes to my mind, but I guess it is rock and it is perfect. I'll second the nomination.

I think that a great rock song has to have great (though not necessarily smart) words.

The problem with Stairway as a contender is the absolutely cringemaking lyrics. "...it's just a spring clean for the May Queen..." Need I go on?

There's a strong case for Whole Lotta Love though.
                My Guitar Collection - An ongoing project...

Comment

• The problem with Stairway as a contender is the absolutely cringemaking lyrics. "...it's just a spring clean for the May Queen..." Need I go on?

Yes, I think you do need to go on.............problem with an ancient English tradition?
                  Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

• Yes, I think you do need to go on....

I would, but I've just had a rustle in my hedgerow.

Comment

• I would, but I've just had a rustle in my hedgerow.

Whereas you'd really need a "bustle"oke:
                      Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

• Whereas you'd really need a "bustle"oke:

I misheard on account of the bloody piper calling me to join him.

Comment

• I misheard on account of the bloody piper calling me to join him.

You may need to listen very hard

Comment

• David Bowie's "Suffragette City" is one of em'.

“One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
                            -Rachel Carson-

Comment

• For those about to rock
                              Bad Company
                              So many to choose from...
                              Good Transactions with: Badone07, Crunchtime, Dbrettw, Geekocaster, Teleman, Tienlo, SLY_Z_28, Smorgdonkey

Comment

• You're all wrong, it's clearly this:

Comment

Working...
                                X