Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good rock song should be no more than 3-4 minutes long, maximum of 3-4 chords, have a beat you can dance to, and have a killer riff. So my choice for the "perfect" rock song of all time is Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
    Completely

agree for all the reasons you named. Satisfaction is a perfect rock song.

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

I like Bon-Scott-era AC/DC, but I don't think Highway to Hell is even in the band's top 40 songs ...

Comment

AC/DC is certainly good for some Big Dumb Rock.

However, for those of us with a more intellectual bent, "When the Levee Breaks" is the perfect rock song.

Yes .
        Fender-TeleSonic Tele Elite, ProJr, 75Amp, '67 Bassman w/212 cab
        Gretsch- 71 Nashville, 2003 New Nashville
        Gibson- 76 LP '55 model
        BC Rich- 1977 Koa Eagle deluxe
        Martin- 1972 D-35
        Mesa Boogie-Subway Blues w/12" EVM 12L-F cab.
        Assorted fun toys and boxes of joy.
        "Many are cold, few are frozen"

Comment

Voodoo Chile?
          Originally Posted by csm

You get a limited-edition self-relic'ing guitar at no extra cost and you're COMPLAINING?

[Insert religious affiliation political party and or spiritual belief here]

57 Gibson Cg-530, 66 Teisco Mosrite "clone", 78 Rickenbacker something or other, 80's St. Blues, Classic Vibe 60's strat, Fender Blacktop HH strat, Switch Sig Stein, Switch Tele style, Austin SG, Yamaha something, lol.
          Vox Ampeg Peavey Hartke Bogen and Bugera amps, every tube pedal i can find. Muff. Loopers.

Comment

highway to hell, carry on wayward son, and satisfaction are all great choices.
            Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

highway to hell, carry on wayward son, and satisfaction are all great choices.

They are but none rises above the rest.....

War pigs? Baba O Reilly?
              Originally Posted by csm

You get a limited-edition self-relic'ing guitar at no extra cost and you're COMPLAINING?

57 Gibson Cg-530, 66 Teisco Mosrite "clone", 78 Rickenbacker something or other, 80's St. Blues, Classic Vibe 60's strat, Fender Blacktop HH strat, Switch Sig Stein, Switch Tele style, Austin SG, Yamaha something, lol.
              Vox Ampeg Peavey Hartke Bogen and Bugera amps, every tube pedal i can find. Muff. Loopers.

Comment

Mississippi Queen!

Straight forward powerchord rock,
                Screaming P90 tone,
                Screaming Leslie West,
                Great Hook,
                Cowbell,
                It has it all!!

Good Deals with: MHN433, Mr_GoodBomb, ChihliDog, Kerouac, Vintage Clubber, JohnnyRaincheck

Originally Posted by klrbee03

I play guitar for fun, and I don't think its fun to suck

Comment

thats why ac/dc is more rock and roll which literally means sex. Rock and roll isnt about the rhyme of the ancient mariner or muad'dib

I guess you have not heard the song
                  Fender-TeleSonic Tele Elite, ProJr, 75Amp, '67 Bassman w/212 cab
                  Gretsch- 71 Nashville, 2003 New Nashville
                  Gibson- 76 LP '55 model
                  BC Rich- 1977 Koa Eagle deluxe
                  Martin- 1972 D-35
                  Mesa Boogie-Subway Blues w/12" EVM 12L-F cab.
                  Assorted fun toys and boxes of joy.
                  "Many are cold, few are frozen"

Comment

Originally Posted by csm

Comment

Well, I've got a few nominations: Johnny B. Goode, Wild Thing, Louie Louie.
                      "Bend it til it sounds right!"

Comment

It's hard to pick one but this one would be one of the top ones for me.

Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

As my wife, Olivia has just said 'it's Uber-subjective'. If you ask me tomorrow, the answer will be different.

I don't even like Queen that much, but when I think of rock song perfection, I think of this song. It has everything, it's not formulaic, it's got da wock, it's got melody, drama, technical brilliance, tension, atmosphere. It's near ****************ing perfect.

I guess wock also, in its 'perfect' form has to be rather cheesy and on the edge being a bit ****************, while also somehow being great:

My band:

http://lightbulbmomentband.com/

Follow me on twitter

Comment

Rush - ByTor and the Snow Dog

Rush is my band, and I can't get behind this one. If anything Working Man.

And no love for Shook Me All Night? Iconic opening riff, thumping beat, simple chords, getting laid. Rock.

Wooly Bully? Are you a WW1vet? ( easy, just ribbing)
                            Johnny B Goode? Did you hand out at Arnolds?

We should lay down some parameters..

Subjects: Drugs, booze, sex, crime, misbehaving, the suck or life or need to party
                            Chords: 4, tops
                            Riffs: INSTANTLY known by Non musicians
                            Speed: Fast /110 or above

Satisfaction = Sex
                            U Shook Me=Sex
                            Comfortably Numb= drugs
                            Highway=misbehaving
                            Bohemian=Crime-murder
                            Hotel California= Drug Culture AND Corporate Control of Radio aka The Man
                            Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

+1 Love it. I want that Slutty guitar too..
                              Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

Nothing rocks harder than this!

By the way, you're welcome!
                                Rest in peace, Leopardstar

Comment

Working...
                                X