Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is This New Tele Custom? MIM P-90s -- NICE.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is This New Tele Custom? MIM P-90s -- NICE.

I saw two of them at GC today. One black, one orange. Ash body, cream soapbar P-90s, top binding, tinted neck, rosewood board. Big pickguard, 4 amp knobs, through-body strings with a shorty bridge with 6 bent saddles. 3-bolt neck plate, Tele headstock. $649 and $699.

Can't find it on Fender.com or GC's site. Anybody??

Your thread piqued my curiosity, so I went to Google for assistance. Here is what I found:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/302189-new-fender-tele-custom-p90-guitar-center-exclusive.html
    Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

yea ive gotta go play one tomorrow..

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/301265-new-fsr-tele-p90s.html

Comment

Your thread piqued my curiosity, so I went to Google for assistance. Here is what I found:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaster-discussion-forum/302189-new-fender-tele-custom-p90-guitar-center-exclusive.html

Bingo!! Thanks, Deadbeat.

The Fender MIMs are really stepping up their game. They were strung with the usual flimsy 9s and the action was so low they were choking out on every bend, but it's a nicely put-together package. I'm not nuts about the 3-bolt plate or the bullet, but maybe....

Comment

I may also have to go give one a try tomorrow.
          Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Comment

I'll warn ya in advance: Let your ears and fingers make the decisions, because it's dead sexy. I wanted it before I even picked it up.

Comment

I'll warn ya in advance: Let your ears and fingers make the decisions, because it's dead sexy. I wanted it before I even picked it up.

Thanks for the tip. I'm a bit of a P90 nut!

Comment

GOOD LORD. that black one is hot. Makes my Adkins look pale and week. Do want!

Comment

Sweet, but would look much better without the giant pickguard.
                  Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Ah crap! Told myself didn't need another. Love my P90 neck Tele. Love my 335 P90. Should I? That fugger's bad!
                    I like plaid and argyle.

Comment

Damn thatzahot.

Comment

Yup, those are the business.
                        "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
                        and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
                        -CS Lewis

Comment

I played one at gc this past saturday it sounded great. Had a big open sound got me gassing for a p90 equipped guitar. It was burnt orange very classy looking guitar.
                          My Gear
                          Ibanez RG2570Z Prestige, Edwards LP, Gibson LP Studio, Gibson LP 60's P90's, Peavey HP Special, G&L legacy HSS, Fender American Sp Tele,Fender Dx Strat, Fender MP Tele,LTD 351NT, Taylor 310ce
                          Amps
                          Orange Rocker 30, Vox AC 15 and many pedals

Good trades with:
                          james reuter,bro blue,cody 4474,thesleepless,FredJr,used666,Twisty571,Cadfael ,Jim Hunter,Infragreen,Cyfan,lockbody,soholounge, pedmans,maltomario,wolfbane20,caeman,nd1337,ejendr es,mark nason,boonestunes, and many more

Comment

Just played one an hour or so ago, and demoed it against a Tele HH that was hanging beside it. Played them both through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe on the dirt channel. I like the sound of the p90 Tele a lot, seemed to have a little more depth and character than the humbucker guitar.

I'm in the process of selling a couple guitars, and plan to pick up either a p90 or HH Tele (or possibly one of the Jaguar HHs) in the next little while. I'll report back if I get it - the burnt orange one is just awesome looking, though.

Comment

It's an FSR Tele built for GC. I've played a few and they've all been really solid.
                              Good business with: echoes22, brianeharmonjr, antiochband, tsunamijesus, duncan, cakebakist, Anderer, bass_econo, talic, senor penguin and jamesreuter

SELL ME YOUR M9

Comment

Working...
                              X