What Is This New Tele Custom? MIM P-90s -- NICE.

fixintogo

• Members

I saw two of them at GC today. One black, one orange. Ash body, cream soapbar P-90s, top binding, tinted neck, rosewood board. Big pickguard, 4 amp knobs, through-body strings with a shorty bridge with 6 bent saddles. 3-bolt neck plate, Tele headstock. $649 and $699.

Can't find it on Fender.com or GC's site. Anybody??

• Members

Your thread piqued my curiosity, so I went to Google for assistance. Here is what I found:

Bingo!! Thanks, Deadbeat.

The Fender MIMs are really stepping up their game. They were strung with the usual flimsy 9s and the action was so low they were choking out on every bend, but it's a nicely put-together package. I'm not nuts about the 3-bolt plate or the bullet, but maybe....

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Just played one an hour or so ago, and demoed it against a Tele HH that was hanging beside it. Played them both through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe on the dirt channel. I like the sound of the p90 Tele a lot, seemed to have a little more depth and character than the humbucker guitar.

I'm in the process of selling a couple guitars, and plan to pick up either a p90 or HH Tele (or possibly one of the Jaguar HHs) in the next little while. I'll report back if I get it - the burnt orange one is just awesome looking, though.

Archived