X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Desolation DC-1 FR

http://www.charvel.com/guitars//search.php?partno=2931110503

Anyone have any experience with this guitar? Just played it and was pretty blown away with the quality and playability for a Chinese guitar.

I liked the "small" feel. I could swear it was a small scale guitar. But nope.

Expect to have to replace the bridge after a couple of years. Other than that it looks pretty schwank.

Comment

I've been looking at the hardtail myself. I'm sure they are great bang for buck. This is the one I have been looking at...

One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

These guitars definitely look better in person.

Comment

Expect to have to replace the bridge after a couple of years. Other than that it looks pretty schwank.

Yeah.. I figured it was a cheap Floyd copy. I am so used to Ibanez trems... the floyds feel a bit blocky. But I love the shape of the body and feel of the neck.

I wish you could get a less "Frilly" version. Less binding, less inlays.

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb and state that if you use your trem a "normal" amount it should be good for a long time. Only problem I have heard about with the trem is the intonation set screws my strip. Be careful. Stew mac sells replacements just in case.
            LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

I'm just looking for a comfortable guitar. I can always replace teh trem. No big deal.
              I like the small body, and the unfinished mahogany neck that is on the skinny/small side.

Going to check it out again this weekend and give it a serious look.

Comment

i played one of the single cut versions and it was surprisingly awesome, and they do look a lot better in person.

Comment

I like the body shape. Hearing that the neck is on the skinny/small side puts it in the "not on my must try" list. Still attractive though. I am really liking bigger fatter necks lately. Go figure, with my wookie mitts.
                  LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

But I WANT a skinny/small neck soo..

It's not like a WIZARD neck. Or OLD wizard neck. The new wizards are bleh.

Very comfortable compound radius neck.

Comment

Working...
                    X