Just got me a Baritone tele

Baddass

• Members

Could'nt put the thing down last night. Amazing tones and some really cooldeep end. Never played a baritone before last night. Think I will be using it alot. Man what a sound.Great guitar btw.:thu:Just what I needed to get me into playing more. Scored it thru AMS for 467 brand new.

• Members
Congrats!
:thu:
They're very addictive aren't they?

GT6.jpg

Straight up on that:thu:. Playing stuff I have only heard in my head:idea:. This guitar is F... ing awesome.Just such a deep deep sound. Been playing it thru an original 66 deluxe reverb and oh my God:eek::eek::eek:.

• Members
Straight up on that:thu:. Playing stuff I have only heard in my head:idea:. This guitar is F... ing awesome.Just such a deep deep sound. Been playing it thru an original 66 deluxe reverb and oh my God:eek:
:eek:
:eek:.

I hear ya. I've played mine through my Vibrosonic Reverb with 15" JBL D130F. Very authoritative.

• Members

I love my Les Paul Baritone, but I'll be honest. At the time, I wanted something like your tele. But I've grown very fond of my LP. I tune it B-B but I often drop the low B to A (kind of like drop D tuning for a baritone). The 28" scale holds it together perfectly.

One cool thing you can do with a baritone is to use a partial capo for the high strings or one of those spider capos for some killer chord work:

montageB.jpg

• Members

I had a Tele one and didn't dig it. I like the cheapo Danelectro one, but to be honest the best one out there is the Private Stock PRS. They're hard to find but if you ever get the chance to buy one go for it - and I say this as someone who has some PRS but isn't that into them

Untitled-1-12.gif

• Members

I love my Les Paul Baritone, but I'll be honest. At the time, I wanted something like your tele. But I've grown very fond of my LP. I tune it B-B but I often drop the low B to A (kind of like drop D tuning for a baritone). The 28" scale holds it together perfectly.

One cool thing you can do with a baritone is to use a partial capo for the high strings or one of those spider capos for some killer chord work:

montageB.jpg

This looks like a great idea.

What are people's thoughts on modding it to make it a dual HH setup?

HNGD btw. :wave:

• Members

Found a nice looking one in the Copper color.....but sadly, it buzzed pretty badly at various spots on the bottom three strings. Had the shop see if they could fit it but after three tries, still had bad bad fret buzz.

Wanted to buy it anyway, assume I could get a real tech to fix it, but just couldn't do it. That, and really would have preferred it have the Strat (Big 70's) style headstock for the Bari. So passed.

Congrats, I'm jealous.

• Members

I bought a sunburst Bari-Tele about a month ago and I've been digging it. I might swap the pickups out at some point for something a bit more aggressive-sounding for the hard rock/metal stuff I like to play & record though. :)

Archived