Railhammer Pickups

downer01

• Members

Disclaimer:

I am in fact an endorsed artist for Railhammer pickups, so therefore I won't publically compare them to any other pickups or try to push the product on anyone

I just want to let anyone that has been interested in the pickups know that they do in fact live up to the hype. The rails combined with poles work as one would expect.

If your looking into some new pickups, give these a try. They really do sound great

As stated earlier I'm not comparing them to any other companies products, just want to let everyone know that i gave them a shot and liked them.

• Members

Do they make Wide Range 'buckers?

As in F spaced and regular spaced?

They're universal for all spacing, half are rails and the pole pieces are oversized to cover the spaces in between the high strings

• Members

I've had a bit of a listen - they sound pretty good. It's good to see 'boutique' builders making pick-ups for heavier music and not just classic rock and blues.

A touch cheaper than Bareknuckles - probably the pick of the boutique 'metalz' pickups.

Must admit I'm a little turned-off by all the 'WE ARE THE BEST' claims... We'll be the judge of that thank you very much - sales patter more befitting of an out of town carpet warehouse...

• Members

Cool. I'm waiting for them to make them available in a couple of more reverend models. Soemthing similar to the Reeves Gabrels with rail-hammers would be just about perfect i think.

Would indeed be a nice combination

• Members

I'll guess and say that at 8, I own the most Rev' of anyone I have heard of on here. If his pickups are like his guitars, his sought after discontinued amps and the folks that stand behind them, they are probably really good. I have not played any with them yet, but was pondering dropping a set into my Volcano...

• Members

They've been around for a little while and Joe Naylor was posting ads about them on TGP. I was surprised that there wasn't much resulting buzz around them as it looked like a bunch of folks tried them. I was kind of hoping the cork sniffer hype would get me past the price vs. overseas manufacturing and no discount for sets issues. This is one of those cases where the lack of expected/requisite ridiculous over the top hyperbole about them kinda scared me off...

• Members

They do sound pretty good, wonder how they clean up.

I've got the Anvil and chisel models which are hotter than the hyper vintage in the clip,

They sound very good clean, bright/loud/clear are the first words that come to mind

They also clean up pretty good and are very pick responsive

Coil tapped sounds are really percussive and 'jangly'

Archived