Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Nash fixes the Jazzmaster

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one coined the term "trollmanship?" I am dissapoint.

How does one guitar need so much fixing out of the box?

It doesn't. Bill Nash is just grossly incompetent.

When it comes to soaking cheap hardware in solvent, I'm sure he's very talented, though.
    DJANGO!

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

Originally Posted by Motorik

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

I just want to say I ****************ing hate Nash's maple neck relicing. It looks so god damed awful, IMO....His body relicing looks pretty good, IMO, though most of his heavy relicing is over-the-top (again, IMO). Here's some of his neck relicing on ebay at the moment:

Comment

It's all authentic like!

Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

"It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

"Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

Comment

I don't get why people hate on Nash's guitars for being "partscasters" - my guess would be that most of them haven't played one before. I'm not the biggest fan of his relic work, and I don't think his stuff is the "best of the best", but all the Nash guitars I have played have been better playing and sounding instruments than comparably priced AVRI Fenders, so who cares what they're made of?
          K-Line Truxton, Heritage H535, G&L Legacy

Comment

I like my 1976 Jazzmaster and haven't had any need to modify it. But I think the Nash version of the Jazzmaster looks sharp. I would like to play one.

Comment

So the guy slapped on a $20 Wilkinson bridge. I have one on my Mustang, too. Can I sell mine for $2000 now?

Oh, wait, I didn't install a Buzz Stop. What are they, like $25 now?

And a replacement pickguard for your strat to move the volume knob can be bought for $15 bucks sunshine.
              MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Custom Stratocaster / Martin D15S / Guild D55 / Simon & Patrick Cedar

Comment

What do this cell and Django have in common?

They are both cancers.
                MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Custom Stratocaster / Martin D15S / Guild D55 / Simon & Patrick Cedar

Comment

BLOOZEMANSHIP RAGE!!!
                  Originally Posted by kmacc45

I appreciate your concern stringjunk, but I'm in a stress releive program now.
                  Between my lawn service and fast driving, I think this issue is being address.

Originally Posted by Bucksstudent

**************** the lot of you.

Originally Posted by jaxn slim

Dude! I think your lung made me gay! WTF?

Comment

Well I will probably get blasted for this (dont really care) but I think Nash is spot on most of what he said and it is exactly how I feel about my JM.

I have never played or even seen a Nash guitar in person so I dont really know how they build them but that blog post seems a little over the top.

Comment

What do this cell and Django have in common?

They are both cancers.

+1
                      DJANGO!

Try telling anyone here that they aren't a genuine bluesman, many will argue and call you names. Trust me. Then they tear apart their cubicles and smash their smartphones and just cant get any blues done at all.

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Surf was not the lowering of standards, surf was the last point before standards got lowered. Surf exemplified the optimism and wholesomeness of American youth, before they got corrupted by longhair, dope, and the communist Beatles.

Comment

i kno ima get laffed off 4 this but..
                        win or fail...and why?
                        thx!!!
                        Features
                        Vintage Modified series
                        Jazzmaster body shape
                        Alder body
                        Polyester finish
                        Maple neck
                        25-1/2" scale
                        C-shaped neck profile
                        9.5" radius
                        21 medium jumbo frets
                        Duncan Designed
                        check out my stuff http://youtu.be/Buya2j06WwURead your Bible, son. Genesis 6:6, Isiah 55:8, John 14:6

Comment

If I were to "fix" a jazzmaster, here's what I would do:

1). Fix the neck pocket angle. I'm not talking about the Classic Player models here. I'm talking about the original design as witnessed on the AVRI models. No bolt on neck should require shimming from the factory!
                          2). Use a compound radius neck or at minumum a 9.5" radius neck. All 7 1/4" radius necks belong in a bond fire!
                          3). Use medium jumbo frets and toss the whole idea of vintage sized frets into the Hellfire pit forever.
                          4). Incorporate a Mustang styled bridge where each saddles is height adjustable just like the Warmoth Modified Mustang bridge. I think the Mastery bridges are a bunch of overpriced corksniffing hooey.
                          5). Forever eliminate 2 and 3 tone sunburst from the color pallet. Jazzmasters should be painted in '60s pastels with an occasional "new" color thrown in every once and a while.

♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                          Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

this is sexy as **************** to me

you think **************** is sexy? ok then....
                            The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

you think **************** is sexy? ok then....
                              Down south they call it Alabama Chrome!
                              ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                              Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

If I were to "fix" a jazzmaster, here's what I would do:

1). Fix the neck pocket angle. I'm not talking about the Classic Player models here. I'm talking about the original design as witnessed on the AVRI models. No bolt on neck should require shimming from the factory!
                                2). Use a compound radius neck or at minumum a 9.5" radius neck. All 7 1/4" radius necks belong in a bond fire!
                                3). Use medium jumbo frets and toss the whole idea of vintage sized frets into the Hellfire pit forever.
                                4). Incorporate a Mustang styled bridge where each saddles is height adjustable just like the Warmoth Modified Mustang bridge. I think the Mastery bridges are a bunch of overpriced corksniffing hooey.
                                5). Forever eliminate 2 and 3 tone sunburst from the color pallet. Jazzmasters should be painted in '60s pastels with an occasional "new" color thrown in every once and a while.

Eliminate two tone bursts, yeah.

But target burst is the ****************.

DJANGO!

Comment

Working...
                                X