Moddified my SX Hawx strat.......AGAIN!

darthyahya

• Members

Today i put a double chrome humbucker prewired pickguard in my SX HAWX strat. pics below. try as i may i could not wire that thing up correctly. right now the switch is wired in reverse. oh well.[ATTACH=CONFIG]346142[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346143[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346144[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346145[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346146[/ATTACH]

• Members

i thought that would ground the hot and send hot to ground so i left it alone. sounds awesome. bell like tones. Now im looking for a les paul type guitar, maybe an Agile al3000 or al2000. id also like an sg styled guitar so my eyes are open. did you check the pics?

• Members

thanx for the replies. these are great as is! but make for great modding platforms. i had to chisel out a space for that neck humbucker. it was a crude job, just a hammer and a flat head screwdriver. but its under the pickguard anyway. i modded that SX Hawx 3 times. 1st time i went to 3 single coils in a prewired guitar fetish strat. then i completely rewired the pickguard i took out and replaced it back. now i took that one and dropped it in a yamaha pacifica[a real hack of a job for that one, let me tell you], and replaced it with dual humbuckers. i think she's good now. so is the yamaha pacifica. looking forward to an al2000 or 3000. i had a wine colored tiger striped al 2000 before. i regret selling it but we needed the money at the time. anyone looking to sell a lespaul copy?

• Members

Didn't know you rewired. If the 3 way is wired backwards, just unscrew it and rotate it 180.

I am liking the humbucker Strat for a change. I have a project strat that I am debating about installing a pair of GFS Vintage Staggers (Fender WR look alike) or Filtertrons in.

• Members

id go with the staggers. Gfs does do good pickups. i have not heard anything bad about their pickups. now customer service i never had to deal with but ive heard alot of unhappy campers with their customer service.

• Members

Is the br p/up iwired"backwards" intentionally?

dont really know. i just wired it up to the main ground from the tremolo which was tied to the ground side of the jack and the other wire to the tip side of the jack. after cutting a little wood away so the neck humbucker would fit and trimming the pickguard here and there. why? are the poles reversed?

• Members

you know, i do the dumbest {censored} sometimes. i opened up the lock nut, loosened the strings enough to get the pickguard out, reversed that humbucker in the bridge because it was in fact reversed, put everthing back together, tuned up, locked up, and forgot to turn my selector switch around 180

Archived