Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moddified my SX Hawx strat.......AGAIN!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moddified my SX Hawx strat.......AGAIN!

Today i put a double chrome humbucker prewired pickguard in my SX HAWX strat. pics below. try as i may i could not wire that thing up correctly. right now the switch is wired in reverse. oh well.
    GUITARS: 2015 BC Rich Gunslinger Retro, 2007 Dean Vendetta XMT,
    2005 line 6 variax 700, 2002 Jackson JX10, 1986 Yamaha SE-620, 1940 Kay archtop

AMPS: Epiphone Galaxie 10, Peavey Backstage 20 reverb, Crate GX-20M reverb-chorus

PEDALS: LINE 6 Podxt live, Dod fx50-b overdrive plus

INTERFACES: M-audio Fast Track

SOFTWARE: Reaper, Reason, Cool Edit Pro, Audacity

You said it was prewired. What's to wire except the output jack?

Turn the switch around.
    "I've got a briefcase of thin air. I can play some tricks on you, pretend that I don't care." The Contrast

Comment

i thought that would ground the hot and send hot to ground so i left it alone. sounds awesome. bell like tones. Now im looking for a les paul type guitar, maybe an Agile al3000 or al2000. id also like an sg styled guitar so my eyes are open. did you check the pics?

AMPS: Epiphone Galaxie 10, Peavey Backstage 20 reverb, Crate GX-20M reverb-chorus

Comment

That looks very nice!
        I hope to pick up an SX one day and completely redo it...

Comment

Nice job

Comment

thanx for the replies. these are great as is! but make for great modding platforms. i had to chisel out a space for that neck humbucker. it was a crude job, just a hammer and a flat head screwdriver. but its under the pickguard anyway. i modded that SX Hawx 3 times. 1st time i went to 3 single coils in a prewired guitar fetish strat. then i completely rewired the pickguard i took out and replaced it back. now i took that one and dropped it in a yamaha pacifica[a real hack of a job for that one, let me tell you], and replaced it with dual humbuckers. i think she's good now. so is the yamaha pacifica. looking forward to an al2000 or 3000. i had a wine colored tiger striped al 2000 before. i regret selling it but we needed the money at the time. anyone looking to sell a lespaul copy?

Comment

Didn't know you rewired. If the 3 way is wired backwards, just unscrew it and rotate it 180.

I am liking the humbucker Strat for a change. I have a project strat that I am debating about installing a pair of GFS Vintage Staggers (Fender WR look alike) or Filtertrons in.
              "I've got a briefcase of thin air. I can play some tricks on you, pretend that I don't care." The Contrast

Comment

Looks good!
                I'd cut the string ends though, makes it look kind of sloppy.
                Besides being a guitar player,
                I'm a big fan of the guitar.
                I love that damn instrument.
                -Steve Vai

Comment

id go with the staggers. Gfs does do good pickups. i have not heard anything bad about their pickups. now customer service i never had to deal with but ive heard alot of unhappy campers with their customer service.

Comment

Looks good!
                    I'd cut the string ends though, makes it look kind of sloppy.

i did after taking the pics. id forgotten beforehand. i usually stick to detail. this time it got right by me.

Comment

Is the br p/up "backwards" intentionally?
                      "Scalloped & Stickered"
                      A Colled One & A Rold One!
                      Proud DOA Member
                      PpP
                      Epi,Hamer,Squier,70's Hdstk Thingies,both MB/M's

Comment

Is the br p/up iwired"backwards" intentionally?

dont really know. i just wired it up to the main ground from the tremolo which was tied to the ground side of the jack and the other wire to the tip side of the jack. after cutting a little wood away so the neck humbucker would fit and trimming the pickguard here and there. why? are the poles reversed?

Comment

are the poles reversed?

Yeah,the screws are usually towards the bridge.

Hey,whatever works...
                          "Scalloped & Stickered"
                          A Colled One & A Rold One!
                          Proud DOA Member
                          PpP
                          Epi,Hamer,Squier,70's Hdstk Thingies,both MB/M's

Comment

made a quick song called
                            A little highway to hell a little demo of this and that

here: http://soundcloud.com/abdul-wahiyd/a-little-highway-to-hell-a

Comment

now i can say i did it again, myself! time for a les paul and an Sg. and hopefully the G.A.S. will settle down.

Comment

Working...
                              X