No announcement yet.

NGD - 1984 Ibanez Content

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - 1984 Ibanez Content

GAS has been getting the best of me lately and today I succumbed. I have been longing for a hard tail Strat for years. Most of the ones I find are from 1978-79 and command a price of $2000 or more on eBay. I recently found one at Guitar Center in Toledo; normally too far away for a casual commute, but my daughter happened to have a softball tournament there this past weekend so I stopped in to see it.

It was a modern (2007 I think) American Standard Stratocaster Hard Tail. Even this recent model was asking a premium price of $800 while most Standards in my area are between $500 and $700. It was flawless in fit and finish, but otherwise felt tonally dead and had neck buzz up and down the board. Still, I offered a reasonable $750 out the door, but that didn't happen so I walked.

Then, last night a guitar that has always piqued my interest hit Indiana's Craigslist: a first run Godin Radiator in Daphne-like blue and toaster pickups. I had the day off today and headed south to see it.

The Radiator looked awesome and played as good as it could, but I realized it wasn't for me. Then, I spotted an Ibanez Roadstar RS130, characterized by its 3 single coils and a hard tail! I pulled it down and played it -- result: awesome. Surprisingly it was a hundred less than the Godin (price-wise I figured they would have been on par with one another) and included the OHSC. I made my offer, laid down my cash and drove home with it in the backseat and perma-grin on my face.

I don't know when I'll have time to make a clip, but no worries, this guy is 10x's better than me and has the exact same model, including color and year.

"No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
    and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
    -CS Lewis

holy ****************, neil young did a review of your guitar!?!?!

HNGD
    Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I love you.

Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I STILL love you!

Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh

I know that bag. I know it well. Liquor store pron. He ain't dead yet!

Official Traverser Reverbnation
    Youtube
    Soundcloud

Comment

Sweet! I have the same color/all but RS135, with the powerocker vib.

Nice guitar, excellent choice
      Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

GAS has been getting the best of me lately and today I succumbed. I have been longing for a hard tail Strat for years. Most of the ones I find are from 1978-79 and command a price of $2000 or more on eBay. I recently found one at Guitar Center in Toledo; normally too far away for a casual commute, but my daughter happened to have a softball tournament there this past weekend so I stopped in to see it.

It was a modern (2007 I think) American Standard Stratocaster Hard Tail. Even this recent model was asking a premium price of $800 while most Standards in my area are between $500 and $700. It was flawless in fit and finish, but otherwise felt tonally dead and had neck buzz up and down the board. Still, I offered a reasonable $750 out the door, but that didn't happen so I walked.

Then, last night a guitar that has always piqued my interest hit Indiana's Craigslist: a first run Godin Radiator in Daphne-like blue and toaster pickups. I had the day off today and headed south to see it.

The Radiator looked awesome and played as good as it could, but I realized it wasn't for me. Then, I spotted an Ibanez Roadstar RS130, characterized by its 3 single coils and a hard tail! I pulled it down and played it -- result: awesome. Surprisingly it was a hundred less than the Godin (price-wise I figured they would have been on par with one another) and included the OHSC. I made my offer, laid down my cash and drove home with it in the backseat and perma-grin on my face.

Verrrrrrry nice!

I bought a '79 hardtail strat a while back in a very similar color scheme. You did well. That's a beautiful guitar.
        —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

OK, watching vid now...I know your vids, and you here at HC but never put it together.

Dude, you're an amazing player! Kickass! With great taste in guitars!!!

He said that's not him in the video. Ive seen that guy review other guitars. Hes a obnoxious jackass IMO. He always has comments disabled in his Youtube vids because of too many negative responses. Hes very opinionated and says some really stupid ****************. he was pretty tame in that one tho.
          Anyway, nice guitar! Ill have to keep my eye out for those.
          Originally Posted by guitarmandp

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Comment

Score! I had a similar one and wore it out. A true player.

Comment

Dang, major GAS inducing. (Wish I hadn't seen that vid). Big congrats on a Super Score.
              My 9/11 Tribute Song: https://vimeo.com/49284582

The 9/11 Wall of Shame (caught stepping in it):
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3s4_dkKn8Y
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Xoxaf1Al0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPzAakHPpk
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n7uJ...feature=relmfu
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU961SGps8g

Comment

Big fan here ! HNGD ! my '85 AH-10 is one of the best guitars I've ever played . Love those old Ibbys .
                "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
                Nikola Tesla

Comment

Wow, nice! That is one gorgeous-looking RS - congrats!

I see these pop up every now and then, but usually (and justifiably) beat up, but yours looks like it's in great shape .

Comment

Nice! I scored a Roadstar a few months ago and have been very impressed. Excellent guitars and a steal for what most go for.
                    Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

Hot dang. That looks sweet!
                      Information is not knowledge
                      Knowledge is not wisdom
                      Wisdom is not truth
                      Truth is not beauty
                      Beauty is not love
                      Love is not music.
                      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

Thanks everyone!