Collapse
No announcement yet.

celtic frost guitar tone

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wondered the same thing- how does he do that?
    I think he must have used some sort of eq pedal and boosted some evil mid frequency maybe? Whatever he did I love it. These are my faves>

Comment

Maybe it's my speakers, but I just hear a fuzz pedal. Humbuckers through a fuzz face can get heavy like that. Maybe an old Muff.

It's gonna sounds heavier than a Marshall, that's how fuzz is.

Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

I used to have a weird solid state combo amp that was made in the 70s called a 'Londoner'. It had imputs for the whole band- sort of a 'pub amp'.
        Anyway it had a twist dial doodah that had 6 different filter settings on it and one of them I swear sounded like TGW.
        When we played gigs in those days the other bands would laugh at my ****************ty amp while they were wheeling in their Marshalls but when I powered that ****************er on they **************** their pants
        Anyway I'm guessing that sound is pure solid state.

Comment

Maybe it's my speakers, but I just hear a fuzz pedal. Humbuckers through a fuzz face can get heavy like that. Maybe an old Muff.

It's gonna sounds heavier than a Marshall, that's how fuzz is.

i've wondered it's perhaps a muff myself. my brother and i have speculated over this for years and come to the conclusion that TGW does in fact not play with any distortion whatsoever. he plays clean and the sound we hear is just his 'hand tone'.
          Originally Posted by Yarbicus

I love you.

I STILL love you!

Originally Posted by CountGrishnackh

I know that bag. I know it well. Liquor store pron. He ain't dead yet!

Official Traverser Reverbnation
          Youtube
          Soundcloud

Comment

Awful "singing".

i had no idea that could contribute to awesome guitar tone. i'll have to try that out. thanks!

I love you.

I STILL love you!

Youtube
            Soundcloud

Comment

i've wondered it's perhaps a muff myself. my brother and i have speculated over this for years and come to the conclusion that TGW does in fact not play with any distortion whatsoever. he plays clean and the sound we hear is just his 'hand tone'.

Well, it is in the fingers after all, innit?
              Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

i had no idea that could contribute to awesome guitar tone. i'll have to try that out. thanks!
                Oh, right, sorry. Guitar tone isn't mind-blowing either.

Comment

Oh, right, sorry. Guitar tone isn't mind-blowing either.

you're right, it's no bon jovi.

I love you.

I STILL love you!

Youtube
                  Soundcloud

Comment

Well, it is in the fingers after all, innit?

dee-store-shun??? i don't play with no dee-store-shun??? EHHUW!!!

I love you.

I STILL love you!

Youtube
                    Soundcloud

Comment

So what's the secret? Recto? Did they exist then?

No recto. It was an Ibanez Iceman into a Marshall 2203, tubescreamer. Same thing they used when they were Hellhammer, same thing they used on Monotheist. Oh and a wah for the, uh, leads

One of the things I love about Frost is that they came up with an original sound even though they weren't excellent musicians (by their own admission). I'll take that over the Dream Theaters of the world.
                      "for a guy who couldn't write at allhe was about like the restof them: he could suretalk aboutit."- BukowskiG: Agile LP (BG Bucker A2/Hellabucker A8), Ibanez RG2550 (Jon Baxter PAF/TB-6). A: Peavey XXX combo (used as head) w/JJE34L's, Engl Screamer head Lopo 2x12 w/Emi. v128's E: Joyo Vintage OD, MXR Micro Flanger, Hardwire OD, Hardwire Chorus, MXR 10 Band EQ, Bad Monkey, MI Audio Crunchbox (18v), Behringer Ultra Fuzz, Boss HM2

Comment

One of the things I love about Frost is that they came up with an original sound even though they weren't excellent musicians (by their own admission). I'll take that over the Dream Theaters of the world.

Troof. A gnarly, nasty guitar tone that complements the music so well. Love the guitar "solos" too.
                        Originally Posted by diddlybo

Just last week I went to the local GC with my 18 inch cock to buy several guitars and amps. On the way out I punched a hole clean thru the body of a MIM Tele, which caused the entire store to give me a standing ovation.

Originally Posted by ShaneV2

I play gay through the amp- it involves plugging into the amp's output jack. Sometimes you end up blowing a tranny though.

Comment

you're right, it's no bon jovi.
                          um, Bon Jovi sucks too.

Pay cheque =/= affinity

Comment

It's a secret.
                            Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Working...
                            X