Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

How much would this be worth ? Fender pre-CBS content...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would this be worth ? Fender pre-CBS content...

I did a little gig last night and was playing this bass in between, which belongs to the chap who was our bassist for the night.

What would its value be? it's a 1960 stack knobbed Jazz. Very, very rare.

It is also an amazing player- lovely thin neck, fast as fast.

<div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!&quot;</div>

I knew a cat in the early 1980s who traded an Alembic bass for one of those.

Around about $15000 to $17000 or so.

Comment

Not very very rare. Every Jazz bass made in 1960 was a stack knob. Sunburst was a standard color.
      If it is 100% original, and considering the finish wear, it would retail for around $10k.

Comment

So, UK prices, I guess in real terms
        <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!&quot;</div>

Comment

Not very very rare. Every Jazz bass made in 1960 was a stack knob. Sunburst was a standard color.
          If it is 100% original, and considering the finish wear, it would retail for around $10k.

OK, if I asked you to look closely at it, and then add the providence bit- Comfortably Numb and Another Brick in the Wall were recorded on it........! Honestly.

Now what's it worth?

Comment

Without documentation on the provenance, the exact same amount.

Comment

it has all the provenance you would ever need ...

Comment

it has all the provenance you would ever need ...

What was the name if the person that owned it?
                Signature...

Comment

The same person that owns it now. And was gifted it.

Comment

Price cut in half if played with a pick..........oh.....sorry....

Comment

lol- I'm not a bass player!!

Comment

Working...
                      X