Danelectro DC 59

Moustache_Bash

• Members

One: They have truss rods. You have to remove the neck from the body to adjust it, but there's one there.

Second: The original reissues had the slab rosewood bridge (that intonates surprisingly well), but most of the later incarnations have bridges with adhjustable saddles.

• Members

One: They have truss rods. You have to remove the neck from the body to adjust it, but there's one there.

Second: The original reissues had the slab rosewood bridge (that intonates surprisingly well), but most of the later incarnations have bridges with adhjustable saddles.

The adjustable bridge is also available as an aftermarket part for anyone that bought one of the first reissues and want to upgrade.

• Members

If you're thinking of buying one I'll give you my opinion. I had one of the 56 U2 reissues, the bridge sucked, the fretwork was bad, the tuners were terrible and everything about the guitar felt ultra cheap. The bridge wasn't adjustable. The pickups seemed mediocre at best. They body felt like some sort of toy. It was definitely the worst electric guitar I've ever played in my life. It looked cool I guess, but that wears off in about a week. I'd rather have a Squier Affinity or SX or anything else.

• Members

I want a Danelectro DC 59 so bad... great guitar! I have 2 other Danelectros and have no problems with tuning. The Danelectro Wild Thing is my current main guitar.

If you wanted an intonatable bridge, you could get the Jimmy Page model or get one of the aftermarket bridges... i like the stock Dano bridge.:thu:

• Members

Looks like the 3rd and 6th would be out, huh?

They are-seems the far left saddle should be in the center, in order for the bass (wound) and treble (unwound) to be in the "ascending staircase" positions.

img_9069.jpg

img_7341.jpg

Might wanna switch 'em and break out a tuner....

Archived