Franklin Tele project.

Belva

• Members

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

Here's my latest Evilbay score. I'll be calling this my Franklin Tele because I'm using some creative accounting. I give 20% discounts when I R&R a part for a customer IF I get to keep the old part. I bought this and a GFS neck. Figuring in the labor I made on the gits I got parts from, raiding my packrat stash and using left over paints I'll have ten bucks in it, or a Franklin. I'm thinking about going with a burst as all the fuglies are close to or on the edges and would be covered. The grain would then show thru. Join me for another wild ride to Build Land.

• Members

... but Hamilton is on the $10...

OOOOOPS!!!. I'll leave it Franklin cuz I know I'll end up having a 20 in it by the time I'm done. I already haz a SD little '59 bridge and a GFS lil killer 10K. These pups were in a git I sold to a guy who later wanted some MIM's put in. I charged him $40 and kept the pups. I haz a Fender vintage tele bridge with some form of compensated saddles. Guy wanted a 6 saddle bridge. Tuners are off an elcheapo that got replaced with some lockers. Can't remember the brand. And so it goes.

• Members

Something tells me you're not good with money...
:facepalm:

Seriously though, enjoy the build!

I haven't seen real money in a long time. I deal with checks, plastic and auto deposits. Is real American paper money still green?

Well now a dilema. I have some med blue and black from other projects. I was gonna go blue w/ black stripes but I found a cream p/g I forgot I had. Wait, I has some gold metalic........... I'm open to suggestions. What colors go good with a cream p/g?

Keep in mind I'm trying to keep the cost as low as possible.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

I forgot about this project till I saw a recent thread on pine. Turns out, Franklin Tele is correct. I bought a GFS blem neck, some string ferrules and variousl other misc. Total is 92 bucks

S6002283.jpg

S6002282.jpg

S6002284.jpg

You can see, copious filling needed to be done. I bought some Zinsser seal coat to keep the pine sap from bleeding thru. After that it's getting red filler primer and Minwax satin poly for topcoat. I'll have it done in a few weeks.

Archived