Who here has seen Vai?

jds22

• Members

I've seen him 3-4 times over the years. He puts on a good show, and his guitar playing is every bit as impressive live as it is on records. The guy can play. Expect him to have a smoking support band as well. Of course, the venue will be all guitar geeks, but most of them seem pretty friendly.

• Members

Buying my tickets for Orlando the minute they go on sale this Friday. Never seen him live in concert per se, but I did attend his "Alien Guitar Secrets" class and it was awesome. He did a couple of tunes live to a backing track (Building the Church was one, can't remember the others), and jammed with a dozen or so people in the class at the end. One of my favorite players.

• Members

I saw him in 06 or 07 in Sayreville. He had some band open for him with an electric violinist/vocalist, needless to say it was a technical band.:idea: He played a lot of material from Passion and Warfare, and some newer numbers as well. I was in the 1st row, caught some guitar picks too.:lol: The venue was a smaller club type scene, not typical arena size. I really enjoyed it, the crowd was into it and there were even some younger people there. Good to know a guy who made guitar playing big in the 80s can get people younger than me(I'm 32) to see him play.:cool:

Archived