Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you've never seen him you should definitely go!
    All there really is, is virtue and vice.

Comment

Saw him in 88 on the DLR Skyscraper tour. Was like watching a guitar magician.

This. Only I saw him in '86 (I think) on the DLR Eat 'em and Smile Tour...

Comment

Once in the early 90's with Satriani. Awesome.
        New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

I saw him in Albany at the Egg a couple of years ago. Fantastic guitar player, but not my type of music. Give me the Allman Brothers any day.
          I am not stupid, I just don't type very well.

God created everything, including evolution.

Comment

I saw him in 06 or 07 in Sayreville. He had some band open for him with an electric violinist/vocalist, needless to say it was a technical band. He played a lot of material from Passion and Warfare, and some newer numbers as well. I was in the 1st row, caught some guitar picks too. The venue was a smaller club type scene, not typical arena size. I really enjoyed it, the crowd was into it and there were even some younger people there. Good to know a guy who made guitar playing big in the 80s can get people younger than me(I'm 32) to see him play.

Comment

I'm wondering if I should plop down the $60 to go see him when he rolls through in October. The venue kicks ass and it should be a total no-brainer, but I'm uber poor.

I'd say go if you have the means.

Comment

Yep. With Roth on the Eat em and smile tour. LOONG time ago....lol..

Comment

I saw him quite awhile ago with Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson on the first G3 Tour. Steve was brilliant and a great showman to boot.

Comment

I was lucky enough to see him with Zappa in Cincy back in '82 ish.
                    Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

Yep. With Roth on the Eat em and smile tour. LOONG time ago....lol..

Me too !! Front row.

Comment

I have. I have seen him 5 times. Every time has been amazing. His band is always amazing. He has a fun show. I'm going to the Chicago show.

Comment

I saw him in '86 (I think) on the DLR Eat 'em and Smile Tour...

Same here. It was like Van Halen on steroids.

Comment

Saw him with DLR on the Skyscraper tour when I was 11.

Comment

Me too !! Front row.

You had rows!?

standing room on the floor at mine. I think I remember getting pretty close. Cinderella opened for him. Never seen such big hair in my life. Dave was ****************ing drunk right from the get go....good show though...that was a monster band he had.

Comment

Good info. I'll tell my son later today that we're going. We're going to see Maiden for the 2nd time this summer. I'm trying to bring him up right.
                                "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

Working...
                                X