X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here has seen Vai?

I've never seen him but am thinking of going to the St. Louis show in Sept. I like him and my son has become a bit of a fan also. I think my son would really dig it.

Is it worth it?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources&quot; ~ <i>The Credible Hulk</i></div>

I saw him almost 2 years ago as part of the Experience Hendrix tour. I would say he is worth seeing if you haven't seen him...:thu:
    <div class="signaturecontainer">SPAM:<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs &amp; pricing<br />
    <br />
    Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic</div>

Comment

I've seen him 3-4 times over the years. He puts on a good show, and his guitar playing is every bit as impressive live as it is on records. The guy can play. Expect him to have a smoking support band as well. Of course, the venue will be all guitar geeks, but most of them seem pretty friendly.

Comment

Good to hear. My son will be excited when I tell him.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources&quot; ~ <i>The Credible Hulk</i></div>

Comment

Yes, very much worth it, it will be a great show. I've seen him several times over the years, he never disappoints.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">90% of it is...half mental<br />
          <br />
          1984 Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 with 1820 bottom<br />
          1973 Ampeg VT-22 <br />
          Strat- LP Studio- Ovation- GR33 synth<br />
          <br />
          tune it or die<br />
          and have a nice day!</div>

Comment

I've seen him 3 or 4 times with the G3 tours and if you like his music, he puts on a hell of a show.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Franklin Gothic Medium"><font size="1"><font color="DarkBlue"><b>Vintage Sunburst Epiphone Dot Deluxe:</b> Gold Duncan Seth Lover set | <b>Red MIM Strat:</b> Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | <b>3TS Classic Vibe 60s Strat:</b> Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch &amp; Fralin baseplate under bridge pup | <b>Ibanez SZ520QM:</b> Dimarzio Air Zone; Dimarzio Bluesbucker | <b>Ibanez SA260FM:</b> Dimarzio PAF 36th Anniv; Dimarzio Area 58; Dimarzio Area 61 | <b>Fender Super Champ XD:</b> Eminence Ragin' Cajun; JJ Tubes | <b>Fender G-Dec III 30:</b> Eminence Ragin' Cajun</font></font></font></div>

Comment

The guy can play.

Gigantic understatement
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Franklin Gothic Medium"><font size="1"><font color="DarkBlue"><b>Vintage Sunburst Epiphone Dot Deluxe:</b> Gold Duncan Seth Lover set | <b>Red MIM Strat:</b> Tonerider City Limits set; Deaf Eddie Fat-O-Caster switch | <b>3TS Classic Vibe 60s Strat:</b> Deaf Eddie Chromacaster switch &amp; Fralin baseplate under bridge pup | <b>Ibanez SZ520QM:</b> Dimarzio Air Zone; Dimarzio Bluesbucker | <b>Ibanez SA260FM:</b> Dimarzio PAF 36th Anniv; Dimarzio Area 58; Dimarzio Area 61 | <b>Fender Super Champ XD:</b> Eminence Ragin' Cajun; JJ Tubes | <b>Fender G-Dec III 30:</b> Eminence Ragin' Cajun</font></font></font></div>

Comment

Saw him in 88 on the DLR Skyscraper tour. Was like watching a guitar magician.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">1 Jay Turser JTLT standard<br />
                1 Vox AD30VT<br />
                1 Alvarez Koa Acoustic<br />
                No job, 3 kids, a wife, and a mountain of debt.</font></div>

Comment

I saw him with Satriani and Malmsteen on the one G3 tour they did together. Was a great show and fun night of stunt guitar from the 3 of them.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">This space intentionally left blank</div>

Comment

Seen him twice. On the very first G3 with Satch and EJ and in the very first US Zappa plays Zappa run...stellar both times...

Comment

Yeah, Vai is great live.

I did almost mistake him for a 60 year old Lesbian, but no mistaking his playing.

Comment

I saw him with Satriani and Malmsteen on the one G3 tour they did together. Was a great show and fun night of stunt guitar from the 3 of them.

oh yeah, saw him on that ZPZ tour as well....silly me!
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">This space intentionally left blank</div>

Comment

i have. With Billy Shehan on bass. Win.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">LIVESTRONG<br><br><br>< br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.bandmix.com/kevman/">www.bandmix.com/kevman/</a></div><br><br>Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

Saw him in St. Louis back when Billy Sheehan was in the band and he didn't have the violinists. It was fantastic. I would definitely be interested in seeing his new lineup.

Comment

Buying my tickets for Orlando the minute they go on sale this Friday. Never seen him live in concert per se, but I did attend his "Alien Guitar Secrets" class and it was awesome. He did a couple of tunes live to a backing track (Building the Church was one, can't remember the others), and jammed with a dozen or so people in the class at the end. One of my favorite players.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">Multiple award winning blues/rock/country at <a target="_blank" href="http://www.zeyerband.com">http://www.zeyerband.com</a> or <a target="_blank" href="http://www.reverbnation.com/zeyer">http://www.reverbnation.com/zeyer</a>.<br>Check my solo (instrumental rock) projects at: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.reverbnation.com/vincedickinson">http://www.reverbnation.com/vincedickinson</a><br><br><br>&quot;Music is like the English language - it's just full of rules that need to be broken or you aren't hip.&quot;</div><br>&quot;It doesn't take talent to upgrade your playing. It takes patience&quot; - Kenny Werner

Comment

Working...
                              X