After seeing this video I bet Neil Schon's Les Paul weighs..

EdgarSatriani

• Members

His ideas...give me a break....Schon endorsed Aria pro II's PE models in the 80's and thats where HE got the idea for the neck heal on an LP style guitar. Aria was doing the "access" before anyone else and before he signed on with them.

Just the messenger sir.

• Members

Just the messenger sir.

Oh I know...my comment was most definitely directed at him and not you.

Schon seems like a down to earth guy from the interviews and other stuff I've seen, and I'm no fan of the way gibson conducts it's business...but the guy needs to get real about suing gibson for the neck heel design. Maybe aria should sue both of them? Course that would be a bit ironic in itself. Like the Les Paul itself it's just a logical evolution of building a guitar. These companies that think they should have some sort of "rights" over this kind of stuff make me laugh.

• Members

They've always been one of my favorite bands and I don't even apologize for it. :idk:

:D

I had a friend who's major blind spot was he loved Journey. He couldn't understand why I'd bristle every time he brought them up. Neil needs a real band.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Hello Guys just a note to say the guitar pictured above the Neal Schon proto 5 is now im my possession & it is the sweetest les paul i have ever played :) its a tone monster!!!!!if you have seen the video on you tube of neal in a studio with his black les paul talking about his guitars this is the one that was built with a wah wah pot in it..... i am happy to answer any questions but belive me this is a KILLER GUITAR p.s it is heavy as hell even though it is routed out

• Members

I had an old guitar player magazine with an interview talking about journey being on tour with van halen. He was like "I can play just as wild as him, but I am in a different band and I have to play 'Forever yours Faithfully'". He kind of came off like a whiner.

Archived