Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

After seeing this video I bet Neil Schon's Les Paul weighs..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seeing this video I bet Neil Schon's Les Paul weighs..

...at least 17.5 pounds!

The thing looks even thicker than regular LP's and with a Floyd Rose... Damn, it's a miracle his back isn't bent!
    PRS SE Torero
    Washburn RX-20
    Yamaha EG112
    Blackstar HT-1R
    Zoom G3
    Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Neal Schon is one hell of a player... But his shoulders would surely hurt if the LP is that heavy haha...

Is there any existing LP that weigh that much?
    Epiphone Les Paul Plaintop
    Yamaha Pacifica 112
    Samick SW-21 acoustic

http://www.legendary-guitars.com

Comment

The Floyd and Sustainer both involve gutting massive amounts of wood from the guitar. I doubt it weighs very much at all.

My Music
      My Youtube Videos

Originally Posted by RaVenCAD

I'll be the first to admit that I can say some pretty stupid stuff.. Some a-hole is gonna sig that, but I don't care..

Comment

It's all about that bass tone , it's been missing forever .
        "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
        Nikola Tesla

Comment

man he can play....but I still think journey sucks major balls.

Comment

Sound and succinct critique of Neal Schon/Journey
            Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

Sound and succinct critique of Neal Schon/Journey

lol....isn't it though?...lol

Comment

I had a friend who's major blind spot was he loved Journey. He couldn't understand why I'd bristle every time he brought them up. Neil needs a real band.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                "If you play guitar, you are a friend."

"Ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country."

Comment

I have to agree.
                  Originally Posted by Hopeless

I wouldn't recommend them for metal, but then I also wouldn't recommend playing metal.

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

When you've founded an entire branch of science dedicated to quantifying taste, get back to me.

Comment

I had a friend who's major blind spot was he loved Journey. He couldn't understand why I'd bristle every time he brought them up. Neil needs a real band.

He had one, once opon a time...
                    HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Great transactions with Yo_Squig, DenverDave, TehSuperFox, dcooper830, zuzuman (x2), iplayanesp, cavpilot, vangkm, maltomario, Hyphy Panther, jonnyrocket, dcindc, the new guy (x2), blind radish, Woody_in_MN, A-20, kidgloves, justinaz (x2), cerebrix, Lightnin8281, BAXANDALL, Assumer, Firebrand, Cobalt Blue, PunkKitty

Comment

I think the thing is heavily chambered and i read somewhere that he had a falling out with Gibson over rights to the guitar. He plays PRS now.

You've used a variety of guitars over the years, but mostly I've seen you play Les Pauls

Comment

I think the thing is heavily chambered and i read somewhere that he had a falling out with Gibson over rights to the guitar. He plays PRS now.

You've used a variety of guitars over the years, but mostly I've seen you play Les Pauls

Comment

His ideas...give me a break....Schon endorsed Aria pro II's PE models in the 80's and thats where HE got the idea for the neck heal on an LP style guitar. Aria was doing the "access" before anyone else and before he signed on with them.

Just the messenger sir.

Comment

Just the messenger sir.

Oh I know...my comment was most definitely directed at him and not you.

Schon seems like a down to earth guy from the interviews and other stuff I've seen, and I'm no fan of the way gibson conducts it's business...but the guy needs to get real about suing gibson for the neck heel design. Maybe aria should sue both of them? Course that would be a bit ironic in itself. Like the Les Paul itself it's just a logical evolution of building a guitar. These companies that think they should have some sort of "rights" over this kind of stuff make me laugh.

Comment

I saw Journey on the Departure tour, and Schon played an Ovation Deacon for a good amount of their show. Thought it was cool because I was playing a Breadwinner at the time.

Comment

• Working...
                                X