Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

east coast music mall sucked you waited an hour for strings im glad they went out of business they were overpriced and crappy customer service

i lived in dambury all my life moved away a year ago so **************** lol

i l know where its going ugh
    Fender American Special Mahogany Stratocaster.Fender American Series FSR Chambered Mahogany Telelcaster.warmoth strat FloydCrate V30 headAvatar cab.Bad Monkey.Ibanez WH10 wah.Line 6 Podxt3.Right Wing Forum Guard.

Comment

Cool. I've never stepped foot in a GC, but I never go into stores after East Coast closed. It'll be cool to have something close. East Coast sucked when they were over near Lowes but I loved going to the old store n Hayestown. They had a ton of stuff, great used selection and some of the staff the staff was awesome. The bass guy Sandy was amazing, and was very knowledgeable about most gear and would just give discounts for no reason. I kinda stopped going there after he left except for when my guitar needed work. Barry, the luthier there, does great work. I was looking locally for someone to refret a vintage and googles Barry Lipman's name and see that he still does luthier work out of his home. I'll be taking my guitar to him.
      Good transactions: tolling bells, leod_74, phatgirl, Megadeth6784, duderanimous, JoshuaTSP, mttmg, Rocked Star, New Builder, Zemmy, Brutal Truth, Incarta, needleTOink, outtahear, guitar_dude45, kidgloves, Chad-ro, Ibenhad,TruSlice, Squatandgobble, DoubleBarrel

Comment

ritchie sold me my first bass when they were on main street

the staff were retards the drum guy was cool the one that died

barry was cool too he knows his **************** they went under twice cause their prices sucked and customer service was horrible
        Fender American Special Mahogany Stratocaster.Fender American Series FSR Chambered Mahogany Telelcaster.warmoth strat FloydCrate V30 headAvatar cab.Bad Monkey.Ibanez WH10 wah.Line 6 Podxt3.Right Wing Forum Guard.

Comment

Rt 7 Music?? How have I never heard of them?? I'll have to check them out next time I drive up that way.

(Checking out their site, looks like they are pretty much all vintagey/Gibson/Fender. Meh.)
          WTB: Hamer Phantom GT!! PM Me.....

Buy Jackson Guitars!!!

Comment

I actually remember ECMM when it was on Main Street across from the old Walbaums Food Market and known as East Coast Sound. I bought a 1965 Twin Reverb off Ritchie Scarlet (it was his personal amp). Man that thing was kick ass and my first really good amp. That had to be in the 80

Comment

Rt 7 Music?? How have I never heard of them?? I'll have to check them out next time I drive up that way.

(Checking out their site, looks like they are pretty much all vintagey/Gibson/Fender. Meh.)

You should check em out. The staff seems knowledgable and friendly. I know they seem all vintagy on their site but they carry some other brands. Its not a huge selection but worth looking at. Hot Rod 6 Strings is a custom builder/repairer in the same building (different driveway). Small world Chris used to work at ECMM but he always has at least a few nice guitars for sale at his shop.

I am looking forward to having Guitar Center in town, if only for research value. We are getting a Whole Foods too.

Comment

I miss the place where I held my first job.1986...I know you guys from the shoreline remember.
                LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

Because CT definitely needs 3 Guitar Centers. I hope this doesn't put the nail in the coffin for stores like the Guitar Hangar and Rt 7 Music.

A lot of times those stores do better because of GC I think. What happens is GC comes in big and new then as time goes on people get sick of the BS of dealing with them and seek out the smaller places to either have a quiet place to shop or to get the stuff GC can only order you.

Comment

Get there early if you plan on attending the grand opening. I went to the one in Portland, Maine about 7 or 8 years ago and it was crazy. The line was around the parking lot twice. They were advertising all kinds of free stuff, which was basically a bunch of bottom feeder crap. I bought crappy splash cymbal for ten bucks and it broke about two weeks later. Like a dumbass I fell for the "20 packs of strings for 20 bucks" thing. They were the worst guitar strings I ever saw. I used two sets, and by that time the other 18 had corroded in the packages. Also, the free t-shirts they gave to the people waiting in line were so thin they were virtually see-thru.

They have a business model to cover the cost of construction and some leasing during the grand opening.

For the Rochester, NY store, my friend signed up for the guitar tossing competition and won. He got a free yamaha semi-hollowbody. It was pretty decent.
                    CHANGE: 1. Demoralization 2. Destabilization 3. Crisis 4. Normalization

Comment

Hi actually worked at ECMM from 1987 thru 1990, it was a very cool shop, the largest and probably best stocked guitar shop in New England, before GC invaded the state...we had the coolest shredder guitar clinics at that place, George Lynch, Vinny Moore, Frank Gambali,Michael Angelo etc., I enjoyed my time there and have many good memories. I left in 1990! Later once Ed and Larry left the downslide began and eventually moved locations and became a victim of bad financial management and a poor economy!
                      Any way at least in it's hay day if you had a few bucks you could buy something cool and leave happy, was in GC in Orange last week and remarked to my buddy that even if I had a spare $1000 in my pocket it would be hard to spend! Mostly cookie cutter lower end Fender and Gibson guitars and amps, and commission driven over eager salesman. I asume the new Danbury location will be just as souless. Go to Brian Guitars in Hamden Ct. if you want a pro boutique shop!
                      "Gear Today,Gone Tommorow!"
                      www.myspace.com/crankuptherock

Comment

no crappy customer service and high prices killed east coast music mall

a bunch of retards morgan and ed the ring leaders

Comment

the clinics were cool i got yo see nuno throw his drum sticks at the staff cause they could play a simple 12 bar blues jam

Comment

Hi actually worked at ECMM from 1987 thru 1990, it was a very cool shop, the largest and probably best stocked guitar shop in New England, before GC invaded the state...we had the coolest shredder guitar clinics at that place, George Lynch, Vinny Moore, Frank Gambali,Michael Angelo etc., I enjoyed my time there and have many good memories. I left in 1990! Later once Ed and Larry left the downslide began and eventually moved locations and became a victim of bad financial management and a poor economy!
                            Any way at least in it's hay day if you had a few bucks you could buy something cool and leave happy, was in GC in Orange last week and remarked to my buddy that even if I had a spare $1000 in my pocket it would be hard to spend! Mostly cookie cutter lower end Fender and Gibson guitars and amps, and commission driven over eager salesman. I asume the new Danbury location will be just as souless. Go to Brian Guitars in Hamden Ct. if you want a pro boutique shop!

Not THE Brian Guitars, is it? "Hey Budddddy!"

Comment

no crappy customer service and high prices killed east coast music mall

a bunch of retards morgan and ed the ring leaders

To be fair, when Ed left ECMM they were making huge profits and doing amazingly well, and they were selling tons of recording gear and club installs. When Ed left is when things fell apart.

Ed's ECMM was the first mailorder pro audio & guitar business in the USA, He was also one of the first music dealers to carry, Light shows, pyrotechnic supplies, rack mount studio gear, PA systems and one of the first Otari, Tascam & Fostex dealers in the USA.

You may not have liked ECMM but they were one of the bigger stores in the pre-GC era and did really well.

Comment

Not THE Brian Guitars, is it? "Hey Budddddy!"

That is the Brian Guitars from the old days from what I have been told.

Comment

• Working...
                                  X