What do you think are the prettiest guitars of all time?

honeyiscool

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew a guy who had a Hoffs Ric and he didn't even play. He was a big Bangals fan. It was one of the first Rics I ever saw in person and it was gorgeous.

Here is my vote:

190487_1845635389543_1818735_n.jpg

or

380499_2644843689251_13548004_n.jpg

• Members

+ 100 Kabillion. Though I am not sure I would pay $10,000 for her. I would think about it though.

That guitar, though. I mean, first of all, it's a limited edition Rickenbacker. Second of all, the checkerboard binding, the smaller body, full sized neck, the humbucker in the bridge, the R tailpiece, it's pretty much perfect in my books.

Also a good investment, I can't see that going down in price. The prices for it have skyrocketed despite the fact that who listens to The Bangles anymore?

• Members

I like any of the 70s Fenders in natural or that nasty, dramatic 3-tone burst. Add a black pickguard and I'm all into it. Something about those 70s Fender "woody" guitars just begs one to play the type of music I love (post-punk/new wave). That Rickenbacker is sweet, though.

• Members

Jaguar (the car) Strat.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxEbF9ERYTpylIck0JTu8

I saw one of those at the Bay area guitar show a couple years ago and it was an incredible looking guitar. The pics don't do it justice. It looks black but is actually British Racing Green and were made in conjunction with the Jaguar Motor Company, I believe. Very elegant, and like the car, quite expensive.

• Members

I have a short list of one guitar, the Rickenbacker 350SH Susanna Hoffs Limited Edition:

1089b__57163_zoom.jpg

susanna-hoffs-corbis-660-80.jpg

This is the one guitar that I'd pay $10k for. I just find everything about it to ooze awesome. Plus I love Susanna Hoffs.

A deal, if she comes with the guitar.

• Members

This is my pick, too, but I prefer a plain top Deluxe.

I almost put a pic of a Deluxe on there, but I prefer the look of full-size HBs. I also prefer a plain top, but hey - this is all I found on a google image search.

Archived