Warmoth La Cabronita build!

Flatspotter

• Members

So, I've been thinking about doing a Warmoth La Cabronita build, and I found a body in their showcase that was just too hot to pass up.

I also saw a picture of one of Great Dane's guitars that had an unfinished solid rosewood neck, and it was love at first sight. Tip o' the hat to GD! So I found a gorgeous Tele neck in Warmoth's showcase, and scored that.

The body is solid korina with a figured korina top. The figured top is not a standard option for Cabronita bodies, so I feel extra special!

The neck is solid, one-piece Indian rosewood, and the grain pattern is really stunning in person. I've tried to capture it with photos, but they don't really do it justice. Frets are stainless, and the carve is '59 roundback.

I'll be starting work this weekend. Stay tuned and enjoy the pictures!

Cabronitabody.jpg

Cabronitabodyback.jpg

Cabronitaneckfront.jpg

Cabronitaneckback.jpg

Cabronitafretboard3.jpg

Cabronitafretboard2.jpg

Cabronitafretboard1.jpg

Cabronitapeghead.jpg

Cabronitapeghead2.jpg

Cabronitapegheadback.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel incredibly ridiculous saying this, but what's up with those fret markers? Is the color just weird from the photographs? What are they? They kind of ruin it all for me. Again, I have no idea how I could feel something so ridiculous, so I'm sorry.

Everything else looks AMAZING! have fun with it!

• Members

Damn that neck is sweet. That must have been a nice hunk of change but still probably cheaper than buying a new Fender version. Can't wait to see it all finished. When's the Squier Classic Vibe La Cabronita coming out anyway? :o

• Members

beautiful body...
:love:
wazzup with the 3 bridge mounting screw holes on the wrong side of the string holes where there should be 4 mounting screw holes...:poke:

It looks like a normal American Standard flat mount fixed bridge strat pattern. Isn't that what most people put on these?

• Members

Thank you all for your kind words.

I feel incredibly ridiculous saying this, but what's up with those fret markers? Is the color just weird from the photographs? What are they? They kind of ruin it all for me. Again, I have no idea how I could feel something so ridiculous, so I'm sorry.

Everything else looks AMAZING! have fun with it!

The dots are cream. That wouldn't have been my choice if I had ordered the neck custom, but since it was a showcase neck, you take what you get. It had everything else I wanted, and the wood was just too beautiful to pass up. I don't even notice the dots.

I finished wiring up the body. The pickups are TV Jones Magnatrons. Think aggressive DeArmonds without the hum.

I'm off to dinner with the folks, so I might start on the tuners when I get home. If not, I'll do them tomorrow.

Cabronitabodyfrontloaded.jpg

Cabronitaknobandswitch.jpg

Archived