OT: There are just some bands...

Fenderman1991

• Members

that make my brain shut down all thoughts of future gear acquisitions and make me want to just rock the hell out with the gear I have.

Saw an opening band who I'd never heard of the other night, but they kicked ass and rocked harder than any band I've seen in a while. Just straight up easy, catchy, rock and roll with the stage presence to match, jumping off the bass drum, running around the stage, etc.

Discuss...anyone have any similar experiences?

• Members
Yeah, sometimes. When The Hold Steady comes on my iPod I often feel that way. Sometimes bands will inspire me to forget my pedal board and just crank my amp, but I'm just too used to my board.

So, I didn't know who The Hold Steady were and went to YT to take a listen. Here's an actual comment that I thought was hilarious: "Sort of like Randy Newman fronting Green Day covering? a song that didn't quite make it onto Born To Run." :lol:

• Members

So, I didn't know who The Hold Steady were and went to YT to take a listen. Here's an actual comment that I thought was hilarious: "Sort of like Randy Newman fronting Green Day covering? a song that didn't quite make it onto Born To Run."
:lol:

Haha that's fair

Archived