No announcement yet.

"Seymourized" Pickups?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Seymourized" Pickups?

I picked up a used set of strat pickups with a "Seymourized" sticker on the bottom. I don't know what they are but figured for $25 I couldn't go too wrong.

Anybody know what a "Seymourized" strat pickup is?

Maybe its a pickup Seymour rewound? Or a generic pickup with a Seymourized sticker on it?
    Originally Posted by guitarmandp

But I really don't give ****************, I have money to make and I'm wasting my time playing on a message board.

Comment

I believe that the OLD Duncans, like back in the early '80s, had that sticker on them. I could be wrong.

Got pics?
      Mazi Bee Militia!
      JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
      PpP
      My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

They use the term today, but I believe it now means to weaken the magnet to give a old PU feel.

But I believe the sticker probably means it's a very early ('70's) SD, perhaps even a SD re-wound for a production PU.

Comment

I have a "Seymourized" minibucker. On those, it means that it's Duncan's twist on the originals. It's kind of a hybrid.
          Built like a firebird pickup, but with lower output and alnico magnets.
          It doesn't really sound like either of the original Gibsons.
          We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

I had a regular production SD pickup in a superstrat with that sticker in the 80's. I think they used to stick in on everything, like an early logo/slogan.

Comment

I believe that the OLD Duncans, like back in the early '80s, had that sticker on them. I could be wrong.

Got pics?

No pics - they're already installed and sound good. Like I said, for $25 for the set I couldn't go too wrong!

Comment

Working...
              X