They need to make bigger guitars

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I hurt myself with a Les Paul - not because of the weight but because of the small size. I played it too much sitting down and ended up with tendonitis because of what I was doing to my shoulders. I use the LP for gigs and recording but I've switched to bigger guitars for daily practice and long rehearsals.

• Members

To further put some perspective on just how small guitars are for me, I'll tell you a short story...

Last year, I was fascinated with the violin, so, I went to our local music store who specialize in classical string instruments. Bending and turning to get into the store, I was met by a salesperson with a friendly but somewhat timid response, not so unusual being a giant. Regardless, I began to inquire about violins and he immediately said go for the full size one. For some reason, his boss called him over so he directed me over to the string section. I picked up a few but couldn't get on with the endpin on the bottom, it kept poking me in the chin. However, I found one whose endpin was retractable and it just felt right. By this time the salesperson returned from being with his boss and burst into laughter. I asked, "What's so funny?" He said, "That's a perfect fit for you, but it's a cello".

• Members
To further put some perspective on just how small guitars are for me, I'll tell you a short story...

Last year, I was fascinated with the violin, so, I went to our local music store who specialize in classical string instruments. Bending and turning to get into the store, I was met by a salesperson with a friendly but somewhat timid response, not so unusual being a giant. Regardless, I began to inquire about violins and he immediately said go for the full size one. For some reason, his boss called him over so he directed me over to the string section. I picked up a few but couldn't get on with the endpin on the bottom, it kept poking me in the chin. However, I found one whose endpin was retractable and it just felt right. By this time the salesperson returned from being with his boss and burst into laughter. I asked, "What's so funny?" He said, "That's a perfect fit for you, but it's a cello".

:badump:

• Members

I used to be big and fat (320 lbs) but discovered I was allergic to Wheat/Gluten. I've cut that poison out of my life and dropped 105 lbs, plus my Diabetes went completely away.

Good on you Cavemen! Interestingly enough, wheat and dairy are the two most common food allergens and yet are the staple of most western diets.

• Members

Good on you Cavemen! Interestingly enough, wheat and dairy are the two most common food allergens and yet are the staple of most western diets.

Possibly its related to the way western diets process the raw materials for consumption instead of just eating what occurs naturally.

There is a lot we do not know about how that works...........but we keep doing it, some of us.

• Members

5' 10" but a bigger frame.

5'10 is not that tall. Maybe loose some weight before you have serious health problems.

That being said these are large, although frowned upon by the snobs at HCEG who feel anything over $300 is a rip off. Maybe there are SX versions made in China.

60bl.gif

400.gif

Untitled-3-1.gif

Archived