I shot a demo of the DUnham pine tele prototype...check it out...

Mark Wein

Nice demo, Mark!
:thu:

I'm not sure what's very "Tele-ish" about it other than the bridge.
:idk:
To me it seems like a mix of some Tele elements but with more of an early 60s Epiphone Wilshire vibe as far as looks are concerned.

Thanks! You;re the second person to point that out :o Honestly I think about his guitars as tele's because Tom's guitar is a bit more tele-like but you guys are right the more I think about it...

Sweet! Both of those guitars sound great, IMO.

Are you sure those aren't Kluson styled tuning machines instead of Gibson styled?
:D

You're correct. My brain is Jello after a day with the kids at Disneyland yesterday. :o

I like Kluson style tuners a lot.... I have them on both les Paul's and Gotoh version on all of my strats.

I want one!

Here's where you can see the rest of his stuff: http://web.me.com/dandunham/Site/welcome.html

Other than seeing the guitars through Tom Harkenrider I don't have any relationship with the company so I'm not getting a spiff for this or anything (I do have a guitar coming from another builder where that is not the case but that won't be here for a few months) but I dig seeing local small builders get off the ground. Dans guitars have more in common with 60's era Stratotone and Italian guitars than anything modern. Here is the guitar he built for Junior Watson:

jw_composite_1.jpg

Some video of Junior playing the guitar in my studio for a webcast last year:

jw_composite_1.jpg

[video=youtube;ieESrp40Gos]

Lightweight neck-through design built around vintage DeArmond pickups, developed in conjunction with Junior Watson. Built to capture the big, dynamic sound of 50s primitives, with Italian lines. Proprietary pickups and other options in development. The one shown above has a candy pumpkin fade finish, with fake gator on the back. Shown at right, a fire-engine red. For more info, see the next page

Archived