Elliot Easton's Mosrite Guitars

BG76

• Members

Both made in the Ed Roman Custom Shop, where Dana Mosley wound pickups for these and also worked on the Quicksilver line.

Cool video for Mosrite fans like myself.

[video=youtube;zfW-nVdOve0]

• Members

One of the most under-rated guitarists right there.

Yep, love that guy. Saw him with the Cars and when he was shlubbing with Creedence Revisited and he was fabulous in both.

Cool guitar, wonder if they're still in production with Roman gone.

• Members

One of the most under-rated guitarists right there.

Totally agree. He has such great ideas for leads. Can't tell you how many licks I've copped from him over the years. He doesn't think like a typical lead guitarist which might be because he's a leftie (something I've noticed over the years is how creative they are). All of his leads are exciting and fit whatever he's playing against perfectly IMO

• Members

Always wanted his guitars. Not a fan (not familiar with his work), but he's a lefty.... ;)

Hard to take the "Mosrite" label seriusly any more as really they're just a replica made by someone who bought the rights to use the name.... I've always wanted one of the Johnny Ramone sig models, based on the customised White Ventures II he played from 77 onwards. Don't think they ever did the official model as a lefty.... long hoped that Eastwood would eventually do their JR Elite model as a left hander.

• Members

kinda like Fender.
:o

I agree with your sentiment.

The difference is Mosrite is doing it right. I own an original and a reissue and they're both amazingly good guitars that deliver the Mosrite feel and tone. Dana Mosley also still does the pickups and is involved with the Mosrite (and Quicksilver) lines.

Fender is all about slapping their name on any piece of crap to make a buck. Mosrite is still making limited production high end guitars.

Old:

zzzzzzzz7584_o.jpg

New:

l_e7427040a1564adf93ba9e361d7dea8e.jpg

• Members

Yep, love that guy. Saw him with the Cars and when he was shlubbing with Creedence Revisited and he was fabulous in both.

Cool guitar, wonder if they're still in production with Roman gone.

To answer your question they are still in production. Ed Roman Guitars is still the only distributor in the United States. USA Made Mosrites are built by & under the Direct Supervision of Dana Moseley (Semie's Daughter).

The regular models are made in Japan by Fillmore and they're very nice as well.

http://www.mosriteguitars.com/

If you do not like Ed Roman Guitars Front Porch Music also sells them in America. Here is their page:

http://www.frontporchmusic.net/music-store/electric/mosrite/

• Members

To answer your question they are still in production. Ed Roman Guitars is still the only distributor in the United States. USA Made Mosrites are built by & under the Direct Supervision of Dana Moseley (Semie's Daughter).

The regular models are made in Japan by Fillmore and they're very nice as well.

If you do not like Ed Roman Guitars Front Porch Music also sells them in America. Here is their page:

if you don't like Ed Roman, then you wouldn't buy one. the Ed Roman Guitars company, as the only US distributor, would still make money off of the sale from Front Porch Music, no?

• Members

i currently own 2 lefty mosrites. i'm waiting for the 3rd to be shipped to me any day now. dana makes the pickups and essembles the guitars in bakersfield. the cnc work is done in japan. i was lucky to find a lefty black mosrite for the price of a hallmark c60.

sure they are high priced, but not anymore than a prs, les paul, gretsch, suhr, or any other high end guitar. they are top notch instruments that has a love/hate relationship with guitarist.

i couldnt be happier with my guitars, except when the new one arrives.

i also have 2 of the hallmark mosrite clones. nice guitars, fair price.

as well as a green EE gretsch that would be hard to get rid of.

i feel very lucky that i have the option to get any of these guitars in a lefty.

• Members

i currently own 2 lefty mosrites. i'm waiting for the 3rd to be shipped to me any day now. dana makes the pickups and essembles the guitars in bakersfield. the cnc work is done in japan. i was lucky to find a lefty black mosrite for the price of a hallmark c60.

sure they are high priced, but not anymore than a prs, les paul, gretsch, suhr, or any other high end guitar. they are top notch instruments that has a love/hate relationship with guitarist.

i couldnt be happier with my guitars, except when the new one arrives.

feel very lucky that i have the option to get any of these guitars in a lefty.

I thought you played SX's?

Archived