Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Ass Yamaha NGD (or I officially have a serious problem)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Ass Yamaha NGD (or I officially have a serious problem)

In an effort to ease my move, I've been trying to unload my 12 extraneous guitars. Yesterday I finally sold one of my basses. Today? Today I was on craigslist for literally 10 mins and ended up with this weirdo.

Strings were rustier than the pg screws are (and pickup magnets!)
    What a funky lil guitar though. I had to right?!

Super cool! HNGD!!!
    dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

I, for one, approve. (See sig photo.)
      My Guitar Collection - An ongoing project...

Comment

Been wanting one of those. I don't care what everybody says, you scored.

Comment

Yup... it seems there was some good LSD in Japan in the 60's. Yamaha came out with a bunch of crazy designs in those heady days.

Oddly enough some of these older Yamahas are rising in value these days. Cool score, btw!

It's an EGV103, if I'm not mistaken?

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-guitars/egv103ypf/?mode=model
          How am I expected to write my signature in this space?

Comment

That's a 90s reissue of the SG from the 60s - though the model you have is an adaption made to be much like a Strat. Original 60s models like the SG5A had a top mount trem, bound neck, and different pickups. (3 single coils, though 2 were together and there was a blend knob.)

I've owned both the guitar and bass versions from the 60s - pretty funky stuff. Regret selling the guitar, though the bass I didn't gel with so much.

I'd pick up a 90s reissue just for the samarai headstock. Score.
            Ashtray plays Fender Stratocasters & Telecasters through:
            '67 Fender BF Bandmaster

Comment

I want it, I missed one a year or 2 ago for $200 on CL.

Comment

I always wanted one
                HC GREAT WHITE OUT SURVIVOR 2012 , RIP those that didnt make it.

Rutles meet them , know them , love them , touch them
                http://www.rutles.org/rstory.html
                QUOTE=midnightlaundry Your ****************************, no help reply is exactly why I hate this board.
                Suspicion Breeds Confidence

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

Watch out, there are some terribly bothersome trolls around here.

Comment

I had one of those in red. I believe it was the SC300T. I kind of wish I still had it. I gave it to my brother and he completely destroyed it.
                  Originally Posted by customtele

And I hate it when my G string goes up my ass.

Comment

SC300T had the same headstock, but was a product of the 80s, with a different body shape.
                    Ashtray plays Fender Stratocasters & Telecasters through:
                    '67 Fender BF Bandmaster

Comment

I love those. Is it a newer one? What's the model?

I fail to see the problem you mention in the thread title.

If you're looking for a financial problem, you can buy the $9,000 version too:

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

HNGD! (@Y@) Woot!
                        I don't give a d.a.m.n about hypes, fanclubs or tonal religions. All I care about is what works for me."...it's not religion that's the problem, but any system of thought that insists that one group of people are inviolably in the right, whereas the others are in the wrong and must somehow be punished." ~ Rod LiddleJROCKBRIDGE MUSIC

Comment

Yup... it seems there was some good LSD in Japan in the 60's. Yamaha came out with a bunch of crazy designs in those heady days.

Oddly enough some of these older Yamahas are rising in value these days. Cool score, btw!

It's an EGV103, if I'm not mistaken?

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-guitars/egv103ypf/?mode=model

Yeah it's an egv103. Pretty sure these sold new with amp for $100 so ya based on what i paid it has appreciated but i doubt this low end model will ever be worth much. Those originals look super cool!

I realized later i turned the tuners the wrong way. I guess because of the headstock shape the string is supposed to turn around the high side, unlike a strat or tele.

Comment

That is a cool guitar!
                            Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

Those are supposed to be great for Surf!
                              ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                              Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Working...
                              X