jjpistols for mod 2012

jjpistols

• Members

I've heard the call! I feel the needs of the people coincide with mine own.

yep. i spend most of my time on another guitar forum. its a fantastic community and pretty close-knit. lots of really valuable sharing of information. when someone joins up who's just there to sell something or make trouble, they get run off pretty quickly. here, someone can make a thread or a post that blatantly insults all the other members, and the mods do nothing. its one thing to disagree, but to make blanket insults and just keep doing it to rile people up, well, the sense of community and decorum deteriorates pretty rapidly.

I'm not one to seek high power, but obviously great responsibility is being thrust in my general direction. I seek only to serve the greater good, or the gooder great, better best, you better, you better, you bet.

Ooooowooooowoooo.

I will just go ahead and assume I've been granted these powers, and act as though I have them. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it all goes through and my decisions will be executed retroactively.

Thin Lizzy {censored}in Rules!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I dunno...there's a thin line between "running the trolls out" and "act like the rest of us, or you can't join the clan"...The trolls lately don't come out and straight cuss people out, no doubt they are trolls...but they reply with stuff like "I try to start a discussion and everyone calls me a troll, everyone here is very hateful.." which only makes people even more mad. I don't think the mods want to ban anyone who people don't like, so they can go to other forums and say bad things about the forum and it's members, whether they were trolling or not. Would I like for mods to ban people make threads just to piss people off? Yes, as long as that's almost all they do...but it's a thin line.

• Members

We can strengthen our community by running off outsiders! Rules can mean something here at HC, just like in Canada! We can learn to say rules in another language! (unless you already speak Canadian, then obviously, this part is not applicable to you)

• Members

What is your platform? To be more stringent within the rules?

I say we should have a collective community vote regarding the subject matter/matters as we are all equal in the context of this forum.

I'd probably vote you in though (hypothetical or not), if you would give reason and rationale for you becoming a mod and if you do become a mod, give feedback when you act upon your powers to better inform those who have not abided by the forum rules.

PS I say just ban Django and everything will be fine.

• Members

What is your platform? To be more stringent within the rules?

I say we should have a collective community vote regarding the subject matter/matters as we are all equal in the context of this forum.

I'd probably vote you in though (hypothetical or not), if you would give reason and rationale for you becoming a mod and if you do become a mod, give feedback when you act upon your powers to better inform those who have not abided by the forum rules.

I vow to fully increase transparency, behind the scenes.

• Members

I dunno about this JJ cat. I saw him kissing a Lemmy pillow once. People pillow love is just wrong.:cop:

Naw, JJ's a cool cat. I've witnessed him do so much here to help fellow HCEG forumites when they were down on their luck. giving away whole guitars, amps and a nice little accsesory pack. He's been a real blessing to many. :thu:

• Members

I rewired my tele tonight.

Then I played it.

Came up with two new song ideas, too.

I been on a spiritual kick of late...My titles...

Walking With Saints

The Hand Of God...that's gonna be really cool one with an ending you never suspected.

I'm excited.

• Members

Django Sentenza for mod 2012!!!!

Together shall we ride! We have only begun to imagine, o forum, the richest experiences that we can so richly experience, together, starting with me!

A great journey begins with this step, and ends with the final step, many steps down the stairs. A long way away. And a long time away, too, in the future to come.