Too many electrics - need to thin the herd

pluginbabies

• Members

So, I've got 9 electrics, maybe not many compared to some guys on here, but I need some space, so have to thin the herd. However, it's like selling your children so give me your opinions on what I should get rid of - looking to sell at least 3. I won't give you any info on anything sentimental about these so you can give me a rational opinion!

Collatedsml.jpg

Left to right:

Epiphone Dot - Pelham Blue

Gibson Les Paul '08 Standard - Honey burst

Gibson 50's Tribute Humbucker - Honey burst

Edwards Les Paul Custom - Alpine White

Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White

Hohner Rockwood Les Paul - Repainted

Built by me - Metallic grey

Line 6 Variax - Daphne Blue

Squier Telecaster Custom II - Black

• Members

I'd get rid of the non-Gibson Les Pauls, unless the ones you have are somehow very tonally different from your two Gibsons.

I'm in the same boat myself. I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of lower-end guitars and buy a couple of nicer ones.

• Members

Keep the Variax. The Hohner looks badass, keep it. Keep one of the Gibsons unless you play both regularly, and sell all the other Les Pauls unless one of them really offers something the others don't. I imagine you'll keep the home build, and the Dot is a option to have. If you love the Tele, keep it. Otherwise, set it free.

• Members

Keep the Variax. The Hohner looks badass, keep it. Keep one of the Gibsons unless you play both regularly, and sell all the other Les Pauls unless one of them really offers something the others don't. I imagine you'll keep the home build, and the Dot is a option to have. If you love the Tele, keep it. Otherwise, set it free.

• Members

No single coils - well, the Squier has p90s and the homebrew has taps. The variax covers strat and tele sounds when I need them. Used to have an American std strat a while back, but couldn't justify it for how little I played it.

Some of the LPs definitely have to go. Thinking the 50s tribute, the Epi custom and the hohner - it does look badass but is bolt on and doesn't get played when I've got all the rest.

The 08 standard only arrived last week, that's staying!!!

• Members

if it were me, I would keep the Epi Dot, the gibson LP Standard, the Edwards LP Custom, the Variax and the Squier Tele.

if i really wanted to go thinner, then i'd probably keep the Gibson LP, the Epi dot and the Variax.

So, I've got 9 electrics, maybe not many compared to some guys on here, but I need some space, so have to thin the herd. However, it's like selling your children so give me your opinions on what I should get rid of - looking to sell at least 3. I won't give you any info on anything sentimental about these so you can give me a rational opinion!

Collatedsml.jpg

Left to right:

Epiphone Dot - Pelham Blue

Gibson Les Paul '08 Standard - Honey burst

Hohner Rockwood Les Paul - Repainted

Built by me - Metallic grey

Line 6 Variax - Daphne Blue

Squier Telecaster Custom II - Black

• Members

Keep your favorite.

Keep one of the Gibsons (which may overlap with the line above).

Keep the Tele.

Keep the Dot*.

* - unless you're looking at purchasing a hollow body or semi; in which case sell it, you can do better for not much more.

That means you've kept 4 at most, and should be able gain some space and cash. You will ALWAYS miss a guitar you enjoy playing, so just rationalize away the pain of loss or scrap the project.

• Members

Tone is in the pelham blue.

Can't disagree with that!

I'd start with selling these (not knowing more about the guitars than the picture):

Archived