Will my guitar ever come? Gibson via Sweetwater

Redsand187

• Members

I ordered a Gibson Classic Custom from Sweetwater going on 3 months ago, come Wednesday.

I was supposed to get the "first one," that comes in May 1st, then May 31st, now, June 13th. :mad:

WTF, I don't know who to blame, Gibson or Sweetwater.

Is Sweetwater passing my guitar off to preferred customers, do they just assume every shipment from Gibson will have all the guitars they need in it, or is Gibson just not sending them the guitars as ordered?

I've been waiting patiently for my NGD, but 6 weeks longer then expected with no real faith that it will even come then. :cry:

• Members

Black says "In Stock"

Red Says "Limited Quantities"

White and Natural Says "ariving soon"

Yeah, that's how it was when I ordered. When I placed the order, I was told that half of the ones due the first of May were spoken for, but I'd get one of them. Then of course, I was like WTF? "Oh, we didn't get as many as expected, the rest will be in May 31st, and you'll get the first one." Now, I'm like WTF again, "Sorry, for the delay, you'll get the first one in on June 13th.

• Members

So, you want a White or Natural one?

Five will get you 10 they haven't shipped from Gibson yet.

They won't all sell out from every dealer right away, if no one has them in stock...they haven't shipped. If they are in stock elsewhere, buy it and cancel the Sweetwater order.

• Members
  • Members

I want a white one,(although, I want a natural one too
:)
) Musician's Friend site is showing them in stock. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them, plus I have to pay sales tax.
:(

MF has a history of listing products they don't have and then not finding out until they try and pull the product for shipping. See if anyone else has it in stock, especially a dealer that shows the actual guitar.

Music Zoo isn't showing White in stock but have multiples of the rest. I am guessing White isn't the most popular color. I is my belief the Natural, Goldtop and Black are going to sell faster (the natural because it's a rarer finish and the Goldtop for the Bonamassa look), though every color they picked is classic and has its appeal. I would find it very hard to believe Music Zoo and other dealers sold all their White ones and still have more than one of the other colors.

I know if I were in the market, I would buy the Natural.

• Members

I've been waiting for pictures of the "actual" guitars for a few months now. I was going to place my order back when they had the 18 months no interest for one with a natural finish, but I wanted one that was heavier and had a darker fretboard than what was available at the time. I'm glad I haven't placed an order, as I would be just as pissed as the OP is for having to wait so long.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, after raising hell with Gibson. I finally got my guitar today. I was told the multi-layer bonding, and color required much more time and care, so that was the reason for the delay.

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Apparently, they didn't take enough care with the finish, as there are two flaws in it. They look like dents, but they are completely smooth. I sent pictures to sweetwater, and to the "President," and "Product Manager," at Gibson to see what they suggest at this point. Build date on the guitar is 6/21/12. So for whatever reason, apparently, it is true they haven't made any of these in the last 5+ months.

• Members

Well, after raising hell with Gibson. I finally got my guitar today. I was told the multi-layer bonding, and color required much more time and care, so that was the reason for the delay.

IMG_0081.jpg
IMG_0079.jpg

Apparently, they didn't take enough care with the finish, as there are two flaws in it. They look like dents, but they are completely smooth. I sent pictures to sweetwater, and to the "President," and "Product Manager," at Gibson to see what they suggest at this point. Build date on the guitar is 6/21/12. So for whatever reason, apparently, it is true they haven't made any of these in the last 5+ months.

At that price, for how long you waited, I would return it. Tthere is simply no excuse. That guitar is a blem/c stock with those dimples. I am really sorry. I am livid and it is not my guitar.

Call Heritage. I'd bet they'd get you a 150 toot sweet.

Archived