Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of my Electric friends... using an iPad, iRig, Amplitube?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of my Electric friends... using an iPad, iRig, Amplitube?

Discuss...thoughts, tricks, tips?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">From Great Dane: INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums</div>

I have the iRig thing. I use it mostly with my iphone, but I've used it with my wife's ipad as well. Works really well, sounds great through headphones, and is a ton of fun to fiddle with settings through. I've not used the fancy recording stuff, but it is cool for quiet practice at home.

Comment

I use AT with iRig with my iPhone on vacation or otherwise away. That's about it.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">................The <i>REAL</i> Brah<br />
      <br />
      <br />
      <b>Good trades/deals with:</b> Fusion1, SOLARPIMP, Lonnie99, twotimingpete, Tupelo Sun, moon shadow, Florbastang, shooter 123, Wolfboy1, almost enough, meowy, ntmo, lovellintn, fulcrumpoint, matt rhoades, kojdogg, cadfael, Daveydude, DaveAronow, Smithshred</div>

Comment

If you are considering an iRig, get the Peavey AmpKit Link instead. Same price but two big advantages. It has a longer cable, which is really useful if you are using it with an iPad, and it uses a battery which really helps cancel feedback on high gain models. Any interface can use any software. I also prefer AmpKit's software, but there re plenty of good software options.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Dexter fans, check out The DexterCast podcast on iTunes or <a href="http://www.thedextercast.com" target="_blank">www.thedextercast.com</a>. Two hosts have seen Dexter, two are watching for the first time.</div>

Comment

I've had my iPad for about 6 months and have been waiting for Peavey to upgrade their Link to the 30 pin audio jack - but, they're overdue now. I'm pretty sure that I'm buying the Apogee Jam this weekend so I don't travel again without a guitar. At $100 it's priced a little higher but has superior Analog to digital conversion and headroom. I wish it was covered by a GC sale of some kind.

Greg

Comment

I use iShred. It's not a replacement for a practice amp, but it can be very fun, and I have an open 1/8" jack for my sound system that lets me go from headphones to rockin' out in a second.

The adapter is for the headphone jack, though, so it doesn't play with other software.

Comment

Thanks to those who have shared so far. I brought my Xaviere Telecaster and the iRig on vacation for practice time. I noticed that Line 6 has also entered the space. May have to check that out as well.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">From Great Dane: INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums</div>

Comment

Working...
              X