Any of my Electric friends... using an iPad, iRig, Amplitube?

joecool1963

• Members

I have the iRig thing. I use it mostly with my iphone, but I've used it with my wife's ipad as well. Works really well, sounds great through headphones, and is a ton of fun to fiddle with settings through. I've not used the fancy recording stuff, but it is cool for quiet practice at home.

• Members

If you are considering an iRig, get the Peavey AmpKit Link instead. Same price but two big advantages. It has a longer cable, which is really useful if you are using it with an iPad, and it uses a battery which really helps cancel feedback on high gain models. Any interface can use any software. I also prefer AmpKit's software, but there re plenty of good software options.

• Members

I've had my iPad for about 6 months and have been waiting for Peavey to upgrade their Link to the 30 pin audio jack - but, they're overdue now. I'm pretty sure that I'm buying the Apogee Jam this weekend so I don't travel again without a guitar. At $100 it's priced a little higher but has superior Analog to digital conversion and headroom. I wish it was covered by a GC sale of some kind.

Greg

• Members

I use iShred. It's not a replacement for a practice amp, but it can be very fun, and I have an open 1/8" jack for my sound system that lets me go from headphones to rockin' out in a second.

The adapter is for the headphone jack, though, so it doesn't play with other software.

Archived