No announcement yet.

Fender custom shop deluxe strat 2011

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender custom shop deluxe strat 2011

So I had a baby last year and decided it would be cool to buy him a guitar made on the year he was born and give it to him on his 18th birthday. He's only 9 months old but already smiles when I get the guitar out and is already strumming the guitar with a pick!!

Anyway after lots of searching I found a great sunburst custom shop strat. It will be going into storage until he is 18 but I really wanted to put his name on it somehow. But I don't want it to be cheesy. His name is quite a mouth full as it is. Phoenix sacha Novak!

I was thinking PSN on the scratch ala srv but too cheesy. Maybe on the back of the headstock? PSN is too much like pissin?

Just wanted some ideas from you guys :-)

So I had a baby last year and decided it would be cool to buy him a guitar made on the year he was born

That's a brilliant excuse
    Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

I think there's a company that does custom neck plates. Get it inscribed with a little message from you? Very cool thing to do BTW! What happens if he decides to play the drums though?

Comment

He has a drum and loves it. But even if he doesn't play guitar properly I thought it would be a cool thing to have.

We found out a few months ago we have another one on the way now too!!!! Means I'll have to get him a 2012 model. Or if it's a her, a doll house.

Comment

I was thinking neck plate too btw. Just wondered if there was any other ways like burning it into the back of the headstock or something.

Comment

I was thinking neck plate too btw. Just wondered if there was any other ways like burning it into the back of the headstock or something.

There are heat-engraving kits you can buy at Wal-Mart.

I've used a metal-etching tool as well
            Gibson Les Paul Traditional
            Warmoth Custom Soloist
            Ibanez S370
            Gibson SG Special
            '77 Marshall JMP 2203
            http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
            --------

Originally Posted by RaceU4her

i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

Comment

Whatever you do make it professional. You have lots of time do do it right. Congratulations. By the way, whats wrong with buying a daughter a guitar?

Comment

He has a drum and loves it. But even if he doesn't play guitar properly I thought it would be a cool thing to have.

We found out a few months ago we have another one on the way now too!!!! Means I'll have to get him a 2012 model. Or if it's a her, a doll house.

don't be sexist...get her a guitar too!

Comment

I was just kidding about the doll house!!

Boy or girl I was thinking of getting the next one a custom shop tele deluxe.

I have to say though. The day I got the guitar I must of played maybe 20 strat and appart from a yiri masterbuilt the 2011 deluxe was the one that stood out sound wise. It has mojo!

Comment

Do a parts build!
                    dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

I think the neck plate idea is really cool, but if you want to put something on the headstock you could always do a waterslide decal. Plenty of places online to have them custom made with anything you want on them. And they're easy to install yourself. It might be cool to add the birthday of your son on there, too. Whatever you decide to do, I think the guitar is a great idea!
                      All there really is, is virtue and vice.

Comment

I think the neck plate idea is really cool, but if you want to put something on the headstock you could always do a waterslide decal. Plenty of places online to have them custom made with anything you want on them. And they're easy to install yourself. It might be cool to add the birthday of your son on there, too. Whatever you decide to do, I think the guitar is a great idea!

Brith date is a great idea thanks man. What's a waterside decal? Will it wear off?

Comment

I just googled waterslide. Used to use them all the time!! I could get my guitar tech to put some finish over it too to make it a bit better on wear and tear

Comment

Yeah, you want to finish over the top of it. Just a few very light coats of laquer would do it. Your tech should be familiar with how to do it.
                            All there really is, is virtue and vice.

Comment

Yea he's pretty good. Completely re finished a vintage les Paul I have and it looked stunning. Once it's done it's going into storage though which will be hard! The guitar is just stunning to play. Very much a modern strat but it will be very much a vintage(ish) strat by the time he gets it!

Comment

Working...
                              X