Found a keeper.

xrleroyx

• Members

My girl couldn't tell anything about guitars when we started dating. She likes me enough that after 2+ years, she can identify different models, remember the pet names I have for my favorites, and last week, bought me a new 12 String acoustic. She kicks ass.

Your girl sounds great too haha. That Jazzmaster is a huge win. Gogetit.

• Members

Being European my wife thinks only "professional" musicians should play music, and that only gypsy men play guitars. Having said that she's bought me a couple of guitars over the years and actually took me straight from the hospital to Guitar Center following open heart surgery. She wouldn't let me pick up anything (literally) but I loved the gesture. She's the most awesome woman ever. :) I'm hoping she buys me some kind of guitar for my 50th in about 6 weeks. She probably won't but I can hope.

• Members

Mine's a bassist. Can't tell the difference (tonally or aesthetically) between my SSS Strat in the CV vein and my RG. The only appropriate response is
:facepalm:

Mine's a pianist. She couldn't recognize (tonally nor aesthetically) my 2 strats, my RG, my 335 nor my 2 basses on a recording. At the same time, I couldn't tell you the subtle differences between all of her cross-stitching, crocheting or other needlework stuff. Nor could I tell you all the subtle variations of all the breads, pastries and confections she's really good at baking.

But hey, she made me chicken pot pies earlier. I was hungry and they were delicious. Who am I to judge? :p

• Members

I don't have a GF but I bought my bandmate her sparkle green Daisy Rock last Christmas and she loves that guitar. Honestly, I did it mainly because I just didn't think her Squier 51 (or her bf's American Strat) fit her playing style or the band sound I had in my head, so I decided to get her a nice double humbucker guitar and I was lucky to find a very rare Daisy Rock that fit all my needs. She's had me modify her Daisy Rock and her 51, and she is all into coil splitting and all that.

Other girl bandmate brings me all her guitars to fix up and modify, as well. What's weird is that her bf is also a guitarhead who does a lot of mods to his many guitars, but she trusts me with her own guitars. I'm not sure why she picks me to be her modder, but she does love playing my guitars.

I probably won't be dating a girl guitarist any time soon, but I'm glad that my bandmates understand early on in the guitar game that guitars can be modified to one's liking, that you don't have to be stuck with something you don't like.

• Members

My DP (domestic partner, you filthy pig) is not supposed to know about my inflatable sheep, but a careless moment with the end of a string brought it all out in the open .... POP!

Yeah, she's always been into music, and was genuinely excited when we started dating to learn more. In two days, we will have our 8th anniversary - and she has two ukeleles, a few percussion instruments, and scolds me about not immediately fixing the intonation on a couple of seldom-played guitars I haven't bothered to set up ... she's not only tolerant of spending 3 hours at a Guitar Center with me (if done sparingly), she's totally capable of wandering off, and coming back and saying "I found this really cool dynamic mike and want you to buy it for us." My only wish is that she'd cope with her shyness enough to do more joint playing with me. She's got a lovely voice but still can't stand to hear herself ... meh.

It's awesome when you can share GAS with a woman.

• Members

Mine's a pianist. She couldn't recognize (tonally nor aesthetically) my 2 strats, my RG, my 335 nor my 2 basses on a recording. At the same time, I couldn't tell you the subtle differences between all of her cross-stitching, crocheting or other needlework stuff. Nor could I tell you all the subtle variations of all the breads, pastries and confections she's really good at baking.

But hey, she made me chicken pot pies earlier. I was hungry and they were delicious. Who am I to judge?
:p

Like Jeff said: Boobs allow us to forgive all :lol:

But hey, piano is a much grander instrument than the bass. For her, it's all about looks. Sure, my RG may look sexier than one of my Squier-rebuilds. But that doesn't mean she gets to say "You should use the sparkly one for all your songs!"

To her, good looks equal good tone :facepalm:

Archived