Has your guitar ever won you carnal attention from someone you physically admire?

Johnny66

• Members

:love:

Be honest: have you ever felt that your specific model guitar (and/or your playing of it) has resulted in physical attention from a desirable other?

In my experience, a low slung Les Paul (alternating between danceable rock tunes and sappy torch-bearer ballads) can be quite a honey pot in low-rent bar band situations.

And you?

• Members

"in my youth" quoth the sage as he shook his grey locks..............or at least the place where they used to be.

I have turned down more than I accepted in my life and never more than when playing guitars or piano.
"I wish you would do that to me" whispered in the ear was quite popular.

These days?

I stick money to my forehead. The emphasis has shifted from the front of my trousers to my back pocket.

• Members

As a young lad, my acoustic at parties. While going to university, I sang and played acoustic a lot. There is no doubt it aided my cause. My mates and I rented this massive 3 story house, which led to stories we still tell over 20 years later.

• Members

As a young lad, my acoustic at parties. While going to university, I sang and played acoustic a lot. There is no doubt it aided my cause. My mates and I rented this massive 3 story house, which led to stories we still tell over 20 years later.

....and all of them start, well, I was playing my acoustic and blimey, this chick just started removing my trousers..... ?

• Members

My mates and I rented this massive 3 story house, which led to stories we still tell over 20 years later.

Sliding down the banister? Getting stuck in the dumbwaiter? Jumping from the roof into the pool?

• Members

pshaw

The money on the forehead joke I admit is local.

But its not as if geography makes a difference to the attractiveness of a well-filled wallet on an older chap.

I have exes from UK and other places that make the girls here look like amateurs.

• Members

Not as often as I expected, at least at gigs. (couldn't have been my playing;))

And usually, from sluts. I'd think I had the "after party" sealed then you look out during the 4th set and the girl who adored you and couldn't wait to blank you is making out with some fat drunk {censored}.

But one on one, the acoustic never fails.:thu:

• Members

? Never heard 'blank' followed by '{censored}'.

I don't like to repeat myself.

And also, I don't like repeating myself.

SCREW! That's it...I shoulda said screw.

Screw.

• Members

In college days, I was pathologically shy and missed a bunch of pleasant opportunities. I was known then for my guitar playing more than anything else and I guess that it must have been attractive to some of those girls. I never played the bar scene (unfortunately for my sex life) and so have nothing whatsoever to report.

• Members

Not really.
But I met my missus while I was jamming at a pub with my red Strat.
She was a regular listener and we happened to like the same music, among other things.
She did like the way I played my strat though.

Cheers

• Members

My ex had a thing for Les Pauls.... and other men
:cry:

Chin up, dude. The ex did exactly the same. She had a thing for my RG (as does every woman I've dated since then). I've found guitar to be extremely lucrative in the finding of potential mates. Gotta be careful, though. If she jumps you as soon as you've slung it over your shoulder, she's usually in it for the image and how it reflects on her. If she jumps you after you've played something, then usually she's actually into you. Just my experience, though.

Archived