Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has your guitar ever won you carnal attention from someone you physically admire?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has your guitar ever won you carnal attention from someone you physically admire?

Be honest: have you ever felt that your specific model guitar (and/or your playing of it) has resulted in physical attention from a desirable other?

In my experience, a low slung Les Paul (alternating between danceable rock tunes and sappy torch-bearer ballads) can be quite a honey pot in low-rent bar band situations.

And you?
    ''How do you know what the world is like? Do you know the world is a foul sty? Do you know, if you rip the fronts off houses, you'd find swine?

The world's a Hell - what does it matter what happens in it?"

(Uncle Charlie, Shadow of a Doubt).

Current guitars or ever?

Sure... back in the day as they say. Without a doubt!
    Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Happens to me every night. I always put on a show in my living room for my wife with my Jackson Dinky (no pun intended) playing Sevendust and Killswitch Covers.
      Git Fiddles - ESP LTD M-10, Jackson Dinky Reverse, Ibanez GAX10, Eterna EC-10 Classical
      Amp - Crate GFX 212, Line 6 Spider IV
      Recording - Lexicon Alpha, Cubase

Comment

My ex had a thing for Les Pauls.... and other men
        Gear:
        Cort m200 (with SD 59/JB combo)
        Ampeg Dan Armstrong
        Gibson Firebird Studio
        Gibson Explorer x2 (natural/white)
        Gibson LP studio
        Squier Tele Custom II
        Godin LG EMG
        Hello Kitty Strat
        Edwards LPC
        Jackson COW 6
        Jim Root Strat
        ESP Eclipse I DBSB
        Billy Corgan Strat
        50s Tribute Goldtop HB
        Squier Mini Strat
        Fender Cabronita Tele

Comment

My ex had a thing for Les Pauls.... and other men

lmao

sorry
          The most important part of my religion is to play guitar.
          Lou Reed

Comment

"in my youth" quoth the sage as he shook his grey locks..............or at least the place where they used to be.

I have turned down more than I accepted in my life and never more than when playing guitars or piano.
            "I wish you would do that to me" whispered in the ear was quite popular.

These days?

I stick money to my forehead. The emphasis has shifted from the front of my trousers to my back pocket.
            Rules for a Happy Life:
            Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
            I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
            doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
            Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

I fell for my wife when she started playing.... I played something back but I doubt I impressed.
              Originally Posted by csm

You get a limited-edition self-relic'ing guitar at no extra cost and you're COMPLAINING?

[Insert religious affiliation political party and or spiritual belief here]

57 Gibson Cg-530, 66 Teisco Mosrite "clone", 78 Rickenbacker something or other, 80's St. Blues, Classic Vibe 60's strat, Fender Blacktop HH strat, Switch Sig Stein, Switch Tele style, Austin SG, Yamaha something, lol.
              Vox Ampeg Peavey Hartke Bogen and Bugera amps, every tube pedal i can find. Muff. Loopers.

Comment

As a young lad, my acoustic at parties. While going to university, I sang and played acoustic a lot. There is no doubt it aided my cause. My mates and I rented this massive 3 story house, which led to stories we still tell over 20 years later.
                MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Custom Stratocaster / Martin D15S / Guild D55 / Simon & Patrick Cedar / Martin HD16R LSH​

Comment

I stick money to my forehead. The emphasis has shifted from the front of my trousers to my back pocket.

Yeah but dont you live in Thailand?
                  Gear:
                  Ampeg Dan Armstrong
                  Gibson Firebird Studio
                  Gibson LP studio
                  Squier Tele Custom II
                  Godin LG EMG
                  Hello Kitty Strat
                  Edwards LPC
                  Jackson COW 6
                  Jim Root Strat
                  ESP Eclipse I DBSB
                  Billy Corgan Strat
                  50s Tribute Goldtop HB
                  Squier Mini Strat
                  Fender Cabronita Tele

Comment

As a young lad, my acoustic at parties. While going to university, I sang and played acoustic a lot. There is no doubt it aided my cause. My mates and I rented this massive 3 story house, which led to stories we still tell over 20 years later.

....and all of them start, well, I was playing my acoustic and blimey, this chick just started removing my trousers..... ?
                    Originally Posted by csm

You get a limited-edition self-relic'ing guitar at no extra cost and you're COMPLAINING?

[Insert religious affiliation political party and or spiritual belief here]

57 Gibson Cg-530, 66 Teisco Mosrite "clone", 78 Rickenbacker something or other, 80's St. Blues, Classic Vibe 60's strat, Fender Blacktop HH strat, Switch Sig Stein, Switch Tele style, Austin SG, Yamaha something, lol.
                    Vox Ampeg Peavey Hartke Bogen and Bugera amps, every tube pedal i can find. Muff. Loopers.

Comment

"Penthouse Forum, I never thought this would happen to me, but..."

''How do you know what the world is like? Do you know the world is a foul sty? Do you know, if you rip the fronts off houses, you'd find swine?

Comment

My mates and I rented this massive 3 story house, which led to stories we still tell over 20 years later.

Sliding down the banister? Getting stuck in the dumbwaiter? Jumping from the roof into the pool?

Comment

pshaw

The money on the forehead joke I admit is local.

But its not as if geography makes a difference to the attractiveness of a well-filled wallet on an older chap.

I have exes from UK and other places that make the girls here look like amateurs.
                          Rules for a Happy Life:
                          Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                          I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                          doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                          Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

Not as often as I expected, at least at gigs. (couldn't have been my playing)

And usually, from sluts. I'd think I had the "after party" sealed then you look out during the 4th set and the girl who adored you and couldn't wait to blank you is making out with some fat drunk ****************.

But one on one, the acoustic never fails.
                            Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

lmao

sorry

no worries, Ive sinced moved on to smaller and better things
                              Gear:
                              Ampeg Dan Armstrong
                              Gibson Firebird Studio
                              Gibson LP studio
                              Squier Tele Custom II
                              Godin LG EMG
                              Hello Kitty Strat
                              Edwards LPC
                              Jackson COW 6
                              Jim Root Strat