Impending NGD: '92 Rickenbacker 360

deadllama

• Members

I'm about to lose my damn mind waiting on the UPS man to get here with my new (to me) Rickenbacker 360. Black hardware, black binding, Mapleglo. A gorgeous piece of wood.

1335813938IMG_5552.JPG

1335813937IMG_5551.JPG

Lots of pictures at the original listing at Olivia's Vintage. Their listing says it's a 1991, the Rickenbacker Register says it's from 4/92, but what's a few months between friends?

(Yes, I know the action is ridiculously high in the pictures. I called and spoke with their tech before I bought it. It was set up for slide when it came in, and the pictures were taken before their tech set it up.)

• Members

It plays like a dream. And sounds really, really huge through my AC15. Man. I think this might be the one -- I wanted it to be. That's why I sold so much stuff to buy it. I've always wanted a 360, and now that I have this one, I'll never be without one again.

• Members

Here she is in my living room:

IMG_0877.JPG

Back to playing. The Olivia's listing page has lots of super-close-up pictures from before I bought it.

Fun fact: this is the first guitar I've had with Schaller tuners old enough to say "Made in W. Germany".

• Members

Oh yeah. Ric and an AC15! Jackpot.

That's a beautiful Ric. Rather unusual to get black instead of white for the pickguard and accents. Looks great. Enjoy!

Yeah, that's mostly a 1985 to 1995 thing on the guitars. They've been doing it on the bass side of things forever, but they didn't make a whole lot of guitars with the black trim and hardware -- at least, they didn't make them that way for very long. White trim and silver hardware is a lot more prevalent.

Archived