What would you call your level ?

mschafft

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My skill and knowledge level are between intermediate and advanced but I do play in working cover bands so I guess by definition that would make me a pro.....but IMO, being able to play the opening licks to Sweet Home Alabama and Sweet Child o Mine doesn't automatically put one a a "pro" level so.....hell if I know.....

• Members

although others OFTEN use terms like "sublime", "ethereal", or "God-like" to describe my playing, i think of myself a little more humbly. To me, my music simply gives people a reason to get out of bed int the morning; to keep on living.

• Members

I'm a 35th level ninja dragon master GOD of participating in silly meaningless polls.

Dude? Are you bored?

I don't know, seems a legitimate question of curiosity to me about other forum members.

Personally, I ticked intermediate but could have ticked advanced too but really, I'm probably somewhere in-between. While I have no aspirations to be a "pro" per se, I am teaching guitar at the moment, whatever that means.

• Members

I put intermediate. I've been playing over 20 years, used to play in a variety of bands, and I still play virtually every day. There's just so much to learn, and I know I'm not nearly on the level of my "heroes." I'd say I reached the level where I know how much I don't know. I do an occasional gig here and there if it comes up, but certainly not making money with it right now.

• Members

I would call myself "advanced" although by no means without limitations or a complete player.

Guitar is tough to judge. Some players have pushed the bar incredibly far with technical playing. But I think you can be well short of that and still be an advanced player.

• Members

I make money by playing guitar, so I voted "pro." Doesn't mean I'm really any good, though
;)

Hey deadllama, I grew up in Memphis Tn, wanna throw out a few band names? I went to White Station, rofl. CBHS too actually. MSU, MCA UT etc. lol.

• Members
I make money by playing guitar, so I voted "pro." Doesn't mean I'm really any good, though
;)

This. People pay me money. On a skill level, that doesn't mean much. I'm probably a better guitarist than some people who make a living at it, but not better than the people I look up to who make a living at it.

• Members

There was no category for no talent hack that will play rhythm with just about any lead sheet that's put in front of her. I'm that level.

To be safe, I just clicked intermediate. I'm good at rhythm. I can't solo for the life of me.

• Members

I'm the level that people who can't play think I am some sort of guitar master but I am intermediate.

However, like everyone else on this forum, I have amazing tone (heavenly), I know gear inside out (I should just build it myself) and what gear is better than the rest.

Also, like everyone else on this forum, my mass produced mid-level guitar is some sort of anomoly and far better than the others that came off of the same line and better than many instruments 3 times its price.

Archived