Squire Bullet Strat changed me

enuenu

• Members

My young son was trying out a Squier Bullet Strat in a store yesterday. It was going for CDN$130 (I am back in Canada guitar hunting). I played it and it blew me away. I loved it. I have a Custom Shop '60 Strat and while ABing the two guitars would reveal differences I can't help but feeling the Squier would hold it's own. I compared it to a $1000 Road Worn Strat in the store and it was not a huge distance behind it. My world has been turned upside down a little!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've had two. Both were incredibly decent guitars that I actually gigged with. One I gave away, and the other one my son has... so I guess I gave both of them away!

This was a really decent ax, gave it to someone:

bullet.jpg

This is the black one my son has now:

bullet-black-0.jpg

• Members

I've had two. Both were incredibly decent guitars that I actually gigged with. One I gave away, and the other one my son has... so I guess I gave both of them away!

bullet.jpg

This is the black one my son has now:

bullet-black-0.jpg

love the white/cream with the tortoise guard! :thu:

• Members

love the white/cream with the tortoise guard!
:thu:

Yeah, that was a really decent ax.

I stripped the necks on both of those and refinished with deft gloss. Came out great. My son plays the black one all the time.

• Members

I had a couple bullets back when they first came out, a pink and blue. I gave them both the GFS treatment and was really impressed with both of them. Sold them both during a gear purge. Really miss that blue one!

Hmm.. I've been having BAD Strat GAS lately, maybe I'll do another one. I just wish I could find one with a maple neck!

• Members

bullet.jpg

that is hot!!!! love the HSS set-up and the tort on white. and i'm not usually a tort fan.

btw, Wagdog, i've seen your video with a modded Bullet, and you ROCKED it. fantastic playing. I really wish you'd re-upload it to Youtube. and if you don't have it anymore, I do. :)

• Members

that is hot!!!! love the HSS set-up and the tort on white. and i'm not usually a tort fan.

btw, Wagdog, i've seen your video with a modded Bullet, and you ROCKED it. fantastic playing. I really wish you'd re-upload it to Youtube. and if you don't have it anymore, I do.
:)

I wanna seeeeee!

This thread is gassin' me up!

• Members

DAMN. What all did you do to it?

i've modded that one a fair amount. cream pastics, obviously. and stainless saddles. all from GFS. i also put in a Tusq nut, vintage Kluson-style tuners, and D Allen alnico pickups.

but it sounded pretty nice when it was all stock:

[video=youtube;PIorvlauKFI]

• Members

Damn, that's stock?

OK. I am gonna get one. What's the best place to find one new?

here's another video with a 100% stock Bullet. It's not the one in the photo...it was a sunburst with rosewood fretboard.

[video=youtube;D7ikXwYABuk]

• Members

btw, Wagdog, i've seen your video with a modded Bullet, and you ROCKED it. fantastic playing. I really wish you'd re-upload it to Youtube. and if you don't have it anymore, I do.
:)

lol, found it. Hard to believe, but that was 4 years ago. Just uploaded to youtube:

[video=youtube;fMvvlNtduAI]

fwiw, this is that same guitar in the pic before putting the humbucker in. I'm pretty sure those were gfs greybottom pickups in it when I shot this. Also noticed at the end that most of the pickguard screws are missing. :facepalm:

That green bullet looks amazing... makes me want another one. Not good, lol.

• Members

How do the bullet necks compare to the Classic Vibe series? I'm mostly concerned about thickness and width.

i own a CV50s as well, and from what i can tell, the necks are about the same shape and size. the CV has thick poly gloss finish though, which some people like and some people don't like. i have no preference.

• Members

plenty of used black ones at GC for about $60.

Thanks. I am really wanting to build a poor man's Corgan(esque) strat, so I am thinking the one with black hardware, then get a set of rails from GFS. Top it off with some black upgraded tuners.. I think it'd look sharp!

CACVi.jpg

Archived