Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am gassing for this signature series Stratocaster. Please stop me (or convince me)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am gassing for this signature series Stratocaster. Please stop me (or convince me)

So I've got that horrible "got to have it" feeling for this Dave Murray Stratocaster. Problem is that I will have to sell a nice Larrivee acoustic and a basically brand new American Standard Strat to be able to get it (plus cash out of pocket).

I play mainly rock and metal. Love Strats, but find single coils not great for metal. Love Maiden.

So what say you? Clips on Youtube sound pretty bad ass. Price is a bit steep, but not too bad considering. Would I be better off just throwing a Hot Rails into my current Strat? But that alone is going to cost me around $200 for the pickup, new caps, and cost to install (can't do it myself).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-dave-murray-stratocaster-electric-guitar?src=3WWRWXGB

Up the Irons!
    I like it better than the old Iron Maiden sig.
    LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

Get a super distortion bridge pu, a new hss pickguard for $10, and a soldering iron. Total cost under $100 and much easier install than you think it is. Bridge pup isn't connected to a tone so you don't need new caps or anything. Or just sell em all and buy the damn thing!
      "Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?"

Comment

Get a super distortion bridge pu, a new hss pickguard for $10, and a soldering iron. Total cost under $100 and much easier install than you think it is. Bridge pup isn't connected to a tone so you don't need new caps or anything. Or just sell em all and buy the damn thing!

The bridge pup isn't connected to the tone knob??

Comment

Nice ax.

Just for the record; this forum is not a good place to ask people to talk you out of buying a guitar. Just sayin'.
          --
          Wagdog
          Check out Lunar Commander on:
          iTunes App Store
          Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
          iTunes App Store
          Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
          - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

The bridge pup isn't connected to the tone knob??

Classic wiring it is not, but new American Standards it is. I played with it at the store and the "no load" feature seems to work quite nicely.

"Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. No-Load Tone Control (Middle and Bridge Pickups)"
            Signature is here!

Comment

Classic wiring it is not, but new American Standards it is. I played with it at the store and the "no load" feature seems to work quite nicely.

"Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. No-Load Tone Control (Middle and Bridge Pickups)"

Ok I did read something about that. It's just a wire going from the second pot to the first or something right? Pretty easy to change? And the no-load, does that mean it thinks it isn't connected to a 250k tone pot when it's at 10? Curious because I have a newer Amstd as well
              "Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?"

Comment

Ok I did read something about that. It's just a wire going from the second pot to the first or something right? Pretty easy to change? And the no-load, does that mean it thinks it isn't connected to a 250k tone pot when it's at 10? Curious because I have a newer Amstd as well

Yep. do you notice that click when it hits 10? that takes the tone pot out of the circuit.
                Originally Posted by bluebearddub

one of reasons we survived and they didnt is because of rap music

Check out my YouTube channel if you have a sec! Video game covers, originals and more.
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Altitudes11

Comment

If I had the money, I'd buy it. I'm a big Dave Murray fan. I put Super D's in my Strat already.
                  My Youtube channel
                  My reverbnation

Comment

Why have pickups mounted into pickup rings that are mounted into the pickguard?

Comment

Sorry, can't help ya
                      Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

I personally like my original IM sig better, but that is because I dig the Floyd and like the look better.
                        HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Great transactions with Yo_Squig, DenverDave, TehSuperFox, dcooper830, zuzuman (x2), iplayanesp, cavpilot, vangkm, maltomario, Hyphy Panther, jonnyrocket, dcindc, the new guy (x2), blind radish, Woody_in_MN, A-20, kidgloves, justinaz (x2), cerebrix, Lightnin8281, BAXANDALL, Assumer, Firebrand, Cobalt Blue, PunkKitty

Comment

If I had to own a guitar to shred on, it would be that one.

I think it all depends on how much do you dig the Larrivee though. A decent acoustic is harder to find than a superstrat.

Comment

Dave is one of my favorite guitarists and I've been gassing on one of these since they've been released - I can't swing the cash though
                            This space intentionally left blank

Comment

If they'd put a Floyd on there I'd seriously consider it.
                              Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
                              http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
                              http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

Working...
                              X