Your first guitar

Lonnie99

• Members

My first electric was a hand-me-down that was exactly like this:

TeiscoTulip002.jpg

The first guitar that was bought for me was a Japanese Fender in 1984 (though I couldn't swear to the year of the guitar) that was pearl white, H/S/S, rear routed, black headstock and had a 5 way switch rather than three mini toggles. I've looked around for pics of one exactly like mine and have not been successful but something like a hybrid of these two:

PearlWhiteStrat.jpg

PearlAndBlackStrat.jpg

• Members

Looked like this,

-90341208160511900.jpg

HOLY SHAT!!!! that's the exact same guitar I cut my teeth on back in, oh...mmmm...'68-ish. The neck got broken in a change of residence, and I pitched it in the trash - this was pre-internet/eBay days, had I known I'd be able to easily score a replacement neck, I would've kept her. I loved that thing. At the time, I thought it was a pos because it wasn't a Gibson or Fender, but it played amazingly....now that I know better, it was really a pretty decent instrument, especially for a 10 year old kid :)

So, yup ... that ol' Harmony H15 Bobkat was my first as well :)

• Members

I have it's righty twin:

FENDER79STRATLEFTY.JPG

1978 Strat. It was everything I didn't want in a guitar at the time. 21 frets, no humbuckers, and no locking tremolo, but it was the only thing my dad would help me out buying. I'm very glad he is a stubborn man. I know a lot of 70's Strats play and sound "dead", but this one is amazing.

• Members

It was some kind of no-name sunburst semi-hollow, real cheap, with a tremolo that worked alright but made an excruciating creaking noise when used. Fed back like a bastard. VERY microphonic pickups - you could shout into 'em and have your voice come out of the amp distorted and really loud.

• Members

A 1966 Framus acoustic

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0090-1.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

My Dad bought it for me new back in the day when I was around 10 yo. Practically unplayable at the time, high action and very small frets. I later discovered how to lower the bridge, but it still takes a highly skilled acoustic player to make it sing.

• Members

Rok Axe black strat copy bought at Walmart. It was a total piece of {censored}, bought in '97 with money from my 1st job. Being a newb, I had no idea how to set it up, I'm sure the action was pretty high. Didn't even have an amp at the time, I used to crank it through the mic jack on my stereo, sounded like a combination of bees and a chorus of whoopee cushions.

• Members

It was a Hondo Strat copy that looked just like this:

53kSn.jpg?4871

Circa 1988. I've since had an aversion to both Strats and Candy Apple Red, but I'm coming around on both. Yes, it took 24 years.
:o

My first was a Hondo acoustic.

• Members

It was a Hondo Strat copy that looked just like this:

53kSn.jpg?4871

Circa 1988. I've since had an aversion to both Strats and Candy Apple Red, but I'm coming around on both. Yes, it took 24 years.
:o

this is exactly what my first guitar was. same color and everything. small world. my guitar teacher at the time ended up buying it off of me, refinishing it in a gorgeous british racing green and modding the heck out of it. it sounded amazing when he was done. of course, he was a great player.

Archived