'70's MIJ Ventura Les Paul Copy Restoration Thread!

vintage clubber

• Members

One of my repair customers picked up this old MIJ Les Paul copy to fix up. Going to completely replace all electronics. He got a set of gold covered Rose California's from Ken. I will also be replacing the tuner bushings with new gold ones - it was missing two; new gold finished bridge and tailpiece as well! It should be a killer axe once completed! :thu:

IMG_5943.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

• Members

Nice job! Sounds good!

I had one prob a few years older(it had the Gibson headstock) for a few years. Kinda hated to sell it.

Does yours have the tiny vintage frets? Mine were so low( fretless wonder?) that I ended up learning(noe that's stretching it:)) slide on mine.

Every time I played it, silly, but "Ventura Highway" would go thru my head.

Shoulda kept it.

Don't forget, you were gonna do a demo of your peter green mod for me, with some distortion?

:thu:

• Members

Nice job! Sounds good!

I had one prob a few years older(it had the Gibson headstock) for a few years. Kinda hated to sell it.

Does yours have the tiny vintage frets? Mine were so low( fretless wonder?) that I ended up learning(noe that's stretching it:)) slide on mine.

Every time I played it, silly, but "Ventura Highway" would go thru my head.

Shoulda kept it.

Don't forget, you were gonna do a demo of your peter green mod for me, with some distortion?

:thu:

This Ventura actually belongs to a repair customer of mine. He went ahead and ordered new tuners because the stock ones are pretty much shot. The frets are pretty small, but certainly not unplayable.

I actually used the Peter Green with overdrive in this Crate Vintage Club 20 vs. Marshall Class 5 video:

[video=youtube;5NV86uTr4C0]

Archived