Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

'70's MIJ Ventura Les Paul Copy Restoration Thread!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '70's MIJ Ventura Les Paul Copy Restoration Thread!

One of my repair customers picked up this old MIJ Les Paul copy to fix up. Going to completely replace all electronics. He got a set of gold covered Rose California's from Ken. I will also be replacing the tuner bushings with new gold ones - it was missing two; new gold finished bridge and tailpiece as well! It should be a killer axe once completed!

SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Very cool, I have a late 60's 12 string Ventura.

Comment

SPAM:

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Cool. What sort of wood is it and what do you make of the 'Cap'?
        60's Classic Vibe Jazz Bass
        Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass
        Acoustic B200/115
        Sansamp DI/Boss TU-3
        Marshall MGHDFX-100/a
        Digitech RP-355

Comment

those old 70's MIJ's always seem to have incredible looking plain maple tops..

Comment

not sure on the body wood. I'm inclined to agree with soundcreation that the top is plain maple...
            SPAM:

Comment

Finished the job last night and shot the "After" video tonight:

SPAM:

Comment

Nice job! Sounds good!

I had one prob a few years older(it had the Gibson headstock) for a few years. Kinda hated to sell it.

Does yours have the tiny vintage frets? Mine were so low( fretless wonder?) that I ended up learning(noe that's stretching it) slide on mine.

Every time I played it, silly, but "Ventura Highway" would go thru my head.

Shoulda kept it.

Don't forget, you were gonna do a demo of your peter green mod for me, with some distortion?

Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

Nice job! Sounds good!

I had one prob a few years older(it had the Gibson headstock) for a few years. Kinda hated to sell it.

Does yours have the tiny vintage frets? Mine were so low( fretless wonder?) that I ended up learning(noe that's stretching it) slide on mine.

Every time I played it, silly, but "Ventura Highway" would go thru my head.

Shoulda kept it.

Don't forget, you were gonna do a demo of your peter green mod for me, with some distortion?

This Ventura actually belongs to a repair customer of mine. He went ahead and ordered new tuners because the stock ones are pretty much shot. The frets are pretty small, but certainly not unplayable.

I actually used the Peter Green with overdrive in this Crate Vintage Club 20 vs. Marshall Class 5 video:

SPAM:

Comment

owner opted to go ahead and replace the tuners on this. I installed a set of these from Guitar Fetish:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/3x3-Keystone-Green-Key-Vintage-style-tuner-Gold_p_37.html

These tuning machines are great for the price point and a huge improvement over the worn out stock tuners!
                    SPAM:

Comment

Working...
                    X