Have you never posted a clip of you playing GUITAR?

benzem

• Members

Post one now! No one worth a {censored} will make a neg. comment.

I promise to police and plow any trolls. (I'll try...but they are pretty dodgy, I admit)

Humor me. I have been here 4 and a half years! Don't I deserve a little respect? I'm curious! And very patient.

You know who you are. C'mon dudes:poke:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I posted my one and only clip here at H.C. a while back. Was quite scared to do so.

Forum was quite kind, even to a total hack like me.

So +1 to the intentions of the OP. The H.C. crowd will be kind, so rock on and post.

[video=youtube;nkZEbRqvfBA]

• Members
I posted my one and only clip here at H.C. a while back. Was quite scared to do so.

Forum was quite kind, even to a total hack like me.

So +1 to the intentions of the OP. The H.C. crowd will be kind, so rock on and post.[/QUOTE]

I believe so! (repost?)

There is such a wealth of amazing guitars/amps that I (we) never get to hear!

And btw, tho there are exceptions, I think we are pretty receptive and non-judgemental for the most part.

Don't you agree? I love the clips and vids. Major respect is recieved mostly....very few lameasses show thier heads.

C'mon!

• Members

Thanks doc! Tho you always provide the goods. Those p90's sound great, AWA your chops!

Nice! And btw, is it me or are you really improving? lately?

Me? Improve? I plateaued in '86 and have been going slowly downward ever since:-) The pickup is actually a humbucker--TV Jones Powertron. I never know how to do these "demo" things. I hate to talk on camera. If you add too much drive, people make comments like "I can't tell anything about those pickups because there's too much distortion..." If you do too many fretboard acrobatics, you set yourself up for all kinds of style criticism. I just play a few chords and hope people can tell generally what the pickups sound like.

• Members

[video=youtube;hiOkg_M89wQ]

I've only got this. Off my band's demo if anyone's interested. Southern style metal. the lead around 3:25 is me, I think all the other ones are the other guitarist.

oh yes if you click the youtube link in my sig there's a couple of the songs where I actually play guitar. The one that comes up right away is actually the most recent example of my playing

• Members

I posted a rough idea/noodle of mine a little while back - got no feedback.

Probably because

A - Most of you don't like metal

B - My tone sucks

C - My playing sucks

D - All of the above

:idk:

Seriously, I didn't play guitar for a while after that.

• Members

I've only got this. Off my band's demo if anyone's interested. Southern style metal. the lead around 3:25 is me, I think all the other ones are the other guitarist.

Hell ya! Dude that rocks! Nice solo! :cool:

:thu::thu:

• Members

Post one now! No one worth a {censored} will make a neg. comment.

I promise to police and plow any trolls. (I'll try...but they are pretty dodgy, I admit)

Humor me. I have been here 4 and a half years! Don't I deserve a little respect? I'm curious! And very patient.

You know who you are. C'mon dudes:poke:

OK

I posted a few clips here and there on HC, years ago. Nowadays, I have a Soundclick account, where I post clips, when I'm in the mood, and have the time, and energy to do so. Here's my most recent:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11763840

It's a demo sound clip of the Thinline Fender Jaguar I bought a couple of months ago, that I made for the Short Scale Guitar forum, last week.

ThinlineJaguar-June92012.jpg

Here are some listening notes for the clip:

1. Recording gear used - Audacity recording software, with an old semi-cheap Realistic knock-off of a Shure SM58 (I wish I hadn't given away my REAL SM58 back in 2002 )

2. Amp - early 90s Peavey Solo Series Bandit 112 (the Solo Series Peaveys are very early versions of Peavey's Transtube amps). The sound may be a bit dark to some people - I do NOT like bright sounding guitar.

3. No effects were used on the guitar. It was recorded dry.

4. The volume and tone controls were left wide open (I didn't want to color the guitar's basic sound too much - other than via the amp).

5. The recording has 3 sections: clean; medium gain; and high gain. Time-wise, I started off playing clean, getting dirtier sounding, as I progressed section-wise.

6. Within each section, are 5 subsections. They are the sounds of the different pickup combinations. I proceeded with the pickup combinations in this order: Neck Pickup; Rhythm Circuit; Both Pickups; Bridge Pickup; Bridge Pickup and Strangle Switch (except in the high gain section - I forgot to do it [oh well, it would have been too bright for my tastes anyway! ])

7. The track was recorded on the fly as an improvisation (complete with a few clunkers). This was due to time constraints, and also due to the fact that Soundclick, isn't wild about people posting covers, and as a result, makes it a hassle to do so.

• Members

I posted a rough idea/noodle of mine a little while back - got no feedback.

Probably because

A - Most of you don't like metal

B - My tone sucks

C - My playing sucks

D - All of the above

:idk:

Seriously, I didn't play guitar for a while after that.

Back when I posted and was ignored, aggressively. But I agree, it does hurt a little.

I love metal, well played. Tone and such are opinions like assholes! Like to hear some of yours!

Archived