No announcement yet.

What's The Next Big Guitar Fad?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Next Big Guitar Fad?

Seems like relics have been the big fad for the past 5 or so years. What's the next big fad going to be? Will it be dipping guitars in heavy poly syrup? Will bright neon colors from the 1980s make a comeback?

What will be the next wave of fashion in guitars? Seems like there's been an uptick in the popularity of offsets by the non-Surf crowd.
    ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
    Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

It's already happening, my friend. Went in to GC and nearly threw up. And I like ugly guitars!

I hope that crackle and swirling comes back.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

non-japanese guys who are shocked by oddball japanese taste are pretty funny!

as to guitar fads, its strings...lots of them

Comment

Oh man, those are LOUD!

I Surf therefore I am.

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Don't forget the neon strings!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I should of held onto my yellow RG350! I could of cashed in this year
            Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

I think the current fads are satin finishes, fender style offsets, telecasters in general and loads of strings.

Next big thing will be whoever markets their product the hardest!
              Vanquish Mystique Custom
              Marshall JCM900 4100ri
              Marshall 1960a
              Ibanez TS9
              Ibanez AD9
              Korg Pitchblack
              Sanyo Eneloop

Comment

I feel like I'm seeing a lot more people into Fender Offsets recently...Jags, Mustangs, Jazzmasters, etc. It's hip to dig the unloved Fender designs
                K-Line Truxton, Heritage H535, G&L Legacy

Comment

Sectarian and political ideology guitars:

Campbell UK-1
                  http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
                  https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

I feel like I'm seeing a lot more people into Fender Offsets recently...Jags, Mustangs, Jazzmasters, etc. It's hip to dig the unloved Fender designs
                    That's what I've been noticing. Xaviere, Agile, Fender AVRI, Fender MIM, Squier are all selling offsets.

Fortunately for me, this happens to be a trend I like because of my appreciation for Surf music.

I Surf therefore I am.

Comment

80s pointy is next in line for sure. The retro fads always rotate in the order they first happened.

Comment

All that 80's type stuff is becoming popular again for sure in general, but not much of the music is neon superstrat based kind of music.
                        You're welcome here if you're of the spirit to make a sound.

Comment

The next big thing is going to be more computer integration into guitars. Many ludites will scoff at this and I'm sure I'll get **************** for even saying it but, while maybe they didn't do it "right" or well enough, Gibson was on the right track with the Robot guitar, Firebird X and Dusk Tiger. Whether you like it or not, the future is digital and the music industry is not going to keep itself outside of that.
                          - Gibson ES-335
                          - Gibson Hummingbird
                          - Fender Strat MIM
                          - Ovation Tangent & Tangent Bass
                          - Vox AC15C1 - British Racing Green

F-Holes

Originally Posted by GreatDane

the player plays, but the instrument should inspire.

Comment

I think offsets will countinue to be popular for a while, as will Teles. I wouldn't be surprised to see EMGs rise in popularity as amp modeling advances. I'd also expect other high-tech things to pop up, like more midi triggers, etc. A lot of people are making music/sampling things on their laptops like DJs. Guitars can start to be used as synths for that application, and if the technology is made for it, it could be big.
                            Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

The next big fad will be playing guitars instead of arguing about them on the internet.
                              Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Working...
                              X